• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Peach Drop/Underground ATL carry?

Honestly... While you will undoubtedly be swarmed by beggars and pickpockets, all while you car is being stripped bare in the 'secure' parking lot it's in, it's pretty unlikely that you'll actually be physically attacked. You can bring your gun (heck, everyone else will) but the odds of a straight-ahead deadly force incident are pretty slim.

I'd actually bring a couple of pepper sprays (make sure the kid knows how to use it) and a collapsible baton (make sure you know how to use it). Both those would be much more useful in a situation with an unruly (but not deadly-force) crowd. A good tactical flashlight for both of you as well. Nothing says "I see you' like a few hundred Lumens in the eyes, plus you might need it to flag down a cab when you get back to your stripped car.

This whole expedition kind of breaks two rules I've learned to respect over the years...

#1 - Nothing good happens after midnight.

#2 - Don't go to stupid places (one of the seediest parts of ATL) with stupid people (look around once you get there) doing stupid things (packing themselves in like sardines to get a crick in the neck watching something they could just as easily see... better, from their own living room).

Oh yeah.. plus you'll get to deal with drunk drivers, roadblocks and all the other garbage that makes New Years Eve 'amateur night'.

I just laugh at the irrational fear of ATL that I read on this site. Maybe it's best that you stay away. My biggest fear is the number of firearms stolen out of visitors vehicles.
I just laugh at your false sense of security. What part of the ATL do you live?
Born and raised in Atlanta and downtown late night is sketchyville.

Fears are hardly irrational, been working in Atlanta for decades and could write a book on the things I have had happen to and around me.Have gone back to many customer's homes years later and see lots of nice new security systems, again we have no murder Kroger anywhere near here.

I personally have ZERO interest in underground atl any day or any week. Work not far from there and that is enough for me. Stay alert and be prepared to act if need be if you choose to go. But why, just have a party with your family and maybe your duaghters friends. Lots of crazies out on new years eve. My 2 cents

Fear is something we humans made up

In God hands their is no fear

But I will stay away from Atlanta at night
Not because of fear but because the scams come out at night and I rather not have to be put In a suitation that might get me or someone else hurt

Back
Top Bottom