• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pellet grill/smokers

Fell down the rabbit hole of Google looking at these today. Main use would be smoking not grilling. Any thoughts, recommendations, warnings?

All advice must be heavily in my favor. :p

upload_2019-3-4_12-38-8.png

Eggs are great, SIL and several friend have them and pump out good vittles - pellet smokers are set it and forget it. Mine even has an app - I can fire it up and set (and monitor) temps anywhere I have cell or wifi coverage. Pellet smokers are also great for wing and burgers since there is no flare up (indirect heat). Where pellet grill fall short, if it matters, is very high temps. Temp range on mine is 180 to 500. If you want a 700 degree sear on a steak, this is probably not for you.

For what we cook on it, pork, chicken, turkeys, I would go the same route again. I have a small Weber for steak and fish.

Rec Tec and don’t look back!!!!! Since I bought my Rec Tec I haven’t used my Xl BGE. You can sent the Rectec to a temperature and walk way. I put my butts on at 10pm and pull them off the next day. The temp will only fluctuate 1 degree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Traeger Pro 22 and love it. I have yet to pull anything bad off it. I use the pitboss competition brand pellets. WAY cheaper than traeger pellets.

I still use my weber for burgers and steaks but the traeger can do those just fine too

I have a Rec Tec and love it. Cook on mine a lot and no fuss or complaints. I occasionally take food into work and you would think grown men haven't eaten in a week the way they fight over the food. Last week spatchcock chickens, drum sticks, and hamburger steaks (12oz). Just have pork tenderloins planned for this week due to schedule. Pellet grills are almost like using a crock pot in their ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom