• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pellet Grills

I get a better smoke out of my rectec than I do my BGE. Nothing beats a BGE in cooking high temps but as far as smoking. I love a pellet grill. Easy, set it and really forget it. If you are looking for a good pellet grill I would look at rectec or campchef.

My friend switched to one of them over his green egg because he likes that whole 'set and forget' aspect. He likes the taste better but he often compains about having to empty out the pellets eavh time he wants to change smoke flavor.

I decided to stay with the bge myself, it tastes so much better to me. I do much more 12-16 hour 'low and slow' cooks than anything else

2FFF2455-28B6-4F82-92F3-BB2F0AABC982.jpeg 184F9DA4-7C1F-4360-9C8D-4B6AB1A2A9C8.jpeg

My thought process was the "set and forget" My BGE is hard to manage 10+ hours at a steady 250. I also was told by someone that the pellet grills won't go much over 450 degrees.

My thought process was the "set and forget" My BGE is hard to manage 10+ hours at a steady 250. I also was told by someone that the pellet grills won't go much over 450 degrees.
youd love a pellet grill trust me man so simple! I would suggest getting one with an easy pellet ash dump.

We have a friend who has the pellet, he is not happy about keeping the feeder full to keep the constant cooking.

He comes to us and the BGE when he wants, these different woods flavors into the meat, pecan, maple, hickory, red oak, white oak, cherry, peach, and we usually add about 5 sticks of cinnamon to these, mesquite too.

To get those chunks, we get them from a fellow member on here and he's great supplier also...

My friend switched to one of them over his green egg because he likes that whole 'set and forget' aspect. He likes the taste better but he often compains about having to empty out the pellets eavh time he wants to change smoke flavor.

I decided to stay with the bge myself, it tastes so much better to me. I do much more 12-16 hour 'low and slow' cooks than anything else

View attachment 1698118 View attachment 1698119

Nice Setup......

I’ve got both styles. A Traeger pellet and a Vision Kamado. I love my Vision, but I find myself using the traeger more often than not. Setting the temp and walking away, is just too convenient. My traeger is smaller and will not get hot enough to do a steak. I just use it for low and slow smokes.

Back
Top Bottom