• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Penile pump implant after cancer surgery

Well two of my family members have had the procedure within last few years. Both seem to be very happy with the end result. There are two comments that I remember hearing from them afterwards:

1.) “Painful, I couldn’t wear underwear for a month”

2.). “I wished I would have done this when I was 23”

Had prostate cancer and had mine removed by robotic surgery late July. My little fella has not moved a bit since. I know it is early but after a year if no movement, I may look into an implant IF the other avenues are tried and don't work.
I am 67 and still in good shape. The worst part of it all at the moment, is wearing these "Depends". My Dr said after 8 or 9 months of healing I may not need them but if I am still having bladder control issues, I will look into remedies for that problem too.
I gripe about bladder control and no erections BUT, I Praise God for being cancer free!
If I am plagued by both for the rest of my life, I am still here and healthy and need to enjoy the rest of my days.

And FYI my friend who recovered acceptably was 49 or 50 and in pretty good shape when he had the surgery. I'm sure age plays a role in recovery time and substance..
I understand that age, physical and mental condition before surgery probably determine the recovery results. My 35 year old Dr told me that I was in GREAT shape for a man of my age and probably would have no problems. I just hope he is correct!!!
I have a friend the same age as me who had a more aggressive cancer than mine that had surgery on March 22nd. He still wears Depends but only uses 1 per day and it is just damp when he changes it for a fresh one at night. He could do without them but is afraid he may have an accident. I hope I can say the same in a few months.
He says erections are a thing of the past and I think he has given up. We both used the same Dr. and even though his PSA is now virtually undetectable, the Dr has referred him to an Oncologist.

Had prostate cancer and had mine removed by robotic surgery late July. My little fella has not moved a bit since. I know it is early but after a year if no movement, I may look into an implant IF the other avenues are tried and don't work.
I am 67 and still in good shape. The worst part of it all at the moment, is wearing these "Depends". My Dr said after 8 or 9 months of healing I may not need them but if I am still having bladder control issues, I will look into remedies for that problem too.
I gripe about bladder control and no erections BUT, I Praise God for being cancer free!
If I am plagued by both for the rest of my life, I am still here and healthy and need to enjoy the rest of my days.
Most people say the bladder control never totally goes away move in a certain upper down moment and you lose your car off for sneeze you lose your butt I just wear the small pad and change it regular the pot is something I would suggest to you to start using now it is awkward as hell but start using it

Most people say the bladder control never totally goes away move in a certain upper down moment and you lose your car off for sneeze you lose your butt I just wear the small pad and change it regular the pot is something I would suggest to you to start using now it is awkward as hell but start using it

Please explain what this is. I am kinda slow.

That should say the pump! Need to learn to ****ing proofread

I should have posted my experience before now, but will if it might benefit anyone diagnosed with prostate cancer in the future.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at age 69 in 2003. I researched and researched and found that Johns Hopkins was the best for surgery and had 10 year cure rates in the 90 per cents for my PSA of 6 and Gleason score of 8. I also found that RCOG here in Atlanta had published cure rates also in the 90%'s for seed implantation with precise seed implant apparatus followed by precise radiation theraphy. Surgery has to drawbacks, one they cut the urethea and sew it back leaving scar tissue that can affect urination and second was anytime you cut a tube and sew it back, it shortens it. I chose seed implants, had 99 of them and and month later started 30 radiation treatments of 5 shots each. Three days after last radiation treatment started part-time consulting job and worked 14 hours first day. No ED problems but beginning to fade now at 85.

Back
Top Bottom