• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Penile pump implant after cancer surgery

I have a fraternity brother that had the DaVinci and then a pump installed and he seemed to be happy with the results. But this was 10-15 years ago, sadly he is in the final stages of Alzheimer's now, or I would ask him for an update. He did get married a few years ago, if that is any help. He is currently 70 years old.

I should have posted my experience before now, but will if it might benefit anyone diagnosed with prostate cancer in the future.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at age 69 in 2003. I researched and researched and found that Johns Hopkins was the best for surgery and had 10 year cure rates in the 90 per cents for my PSA of 6 and Gleason score of 8. I also found that RCOG here in Atlanta had published cure rates also in the 90%'s for seed implantation with precise seed implant apparatus followed by precise radiation theraphy. Surgery has to drawbacks, one they cut the urethea and sew it back leaving scar tissue that can affect urination and second was anytime you cut a tube and sew it back, it shortens it. I chose seed implants, had 99 of them and and month later started 30 radiation treatments of 5 shots each. Three days after last radiation treatment started part-time consulting job and worked 14 hours first day. No ED problems but beginning to fade now at 85.
U the man

I have high blood pressure and diabetes. So I can appreciate the frustration at not being able to perform. I have zero personal experience with an implant.

I would check the new ultra shock therapies. I don’t know if this is going to be directly applicable to your condition. But I am sure that any surgical implant is not going to give you a normal erection. Implants more often than not leave the tip flaccid.

There is a huge difference between a stiff penis and a normal erection.

Just anecdotal info but years back I had a customer who was in his 70's with an implant a hot tub and money. I recall stories of him having a hot tub full of young women around rather often and servicing and paying all. He was well satisfied with the implant results.

Just anecdotal info but years back I had a customer who was in his 70's with an implant a hot tub and money. I recall stories of him having a hot tub full of young women around rather often and servicing and paying all. He was well satisfied with the implant results.
That sounds like one that was installed by a professional!

In very similar situation. Then got obits of two younger buds; heart and cancer. More worried now about spending time with kids.
Am researching pump also. For time with wife!

In very similar situation. Then got obits of two younger buds; heart and cancer. More worried now about spending time with kids.
Am researching pump also. For time with wife!
Thought I had done plenty enough research on the prostate removal but apparently not from the rumors I’ve heard about the old surgery it was a worst surgery but it left you more in tact in the right areas,Happy to be cancer free but I would love to be able to P without having to sit down

hope it improves for you. my bladder control got better with time, but still cant drink much beer. best excuse for bourbon.
and yes, truly enjoy a PSA of 0.000
good luck to you ,bro

Back
Top Bottom