• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Penile pump implant after cancer surgery

Had a buddy that had to go through this. Something you need to keep in mind is that while it will gives you more of the oompf, its not going to give you the same sensation and ease of orgasm as before(as I understand it). It will give you the ability to perform in a manner where orgasm is more likely.

Thats essentially the jist of what I took away from it.

Hope the best for you man.

Sorry to hear about this. I hate cancer. I pray that you stay cancer free.

FYI Davinci isn't a surgery technique its the robot used. Seems like you had a radical laparoscopic prostatectomy and you're having ED as a result of that. Do you have any other chronic health conditions such as hypertension or diabetes? Medications could also affect performance. Check with your doctor to see what other options he recommends such an injection. I dont think they would go straight to implants.

As far as the implant goes I can't tell you the outcomes of having it done but there are different types, non-inflatable (semi rigid) or inflatable multi-component ones. The multi component inflatable ones are best with the larger reservoir one being the best since you get better erection.

Actually he had a Robotic Assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy.. If the DaVinci was used.. Radical refers to surgical non robotic..

No, radical means the entire prostate was removed vs a subtotal or partial. The approach can be either open or laparoscopic.

His first post states he had the Davinci used.. if indeed did the case/procedure would be a robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy..

That’s how the case gets posted in the OR.. I know just a little bit about Intuitive and the DaVinci..

I have been in no less than 1000 robotic cases. In 2009, I actually worked with Dr. Michael Choti from Johns Hopkins, a Surg Onc who helped develop with Intuitive prograsp and our company built a Robotic Ultrasound probe.. it had a fin on the Back that the prograsp grabbed..

The father of Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy is Mani Menon from Henry Ford Hospital. I got to sit in on many of his cases as well.

The biggest use we got was a Robotically Assisted Partial Nephrectomy (RAPN). It was a highly successful minimally invasive kidney surgery to remove cancerous lesions in a very vascular area that required a lot of ultrasound, and clamping prior to tumor and margin removal.

Where any surgical procedure that Robot is used is designated Robotic..
We use the DaVinci The reason it’s reproducible , minimally invasive, and considered the best nerve sparing surgery available.

You would be surprised who is on here..

His first post states he had the Davinci used.. if indeed did the case/procedure would be a robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy..

That’s how the case gets posted in the OR.. I know just a little bit about Intuitive and the DaVinci..

I have been in no less than 1000 robotic cases. In 2009, I actually worked with Dr. Michael Choti from Johns Hopkins, a Surg Onc who helped develop with Intuitive prograsp and our company built a Robotic Ultrasound probe.. it had a fin on the Back that the prograsp grabbed..

The father of Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy is Mani Menon from Henry Ford Hospital. I got to sit in on many of his cases as well.

The biggest use we got was a Robotically Assisted Partial Nephrectomy (RAPN). It was a highly successful minimally invasive kidney surgery to remove cancerous lesions in a very vascular area that required a lot of ultrasound, and clamping prior to tumor and margin removal.

Where any surgical procedure that Robot is used is designated Robotic..
We use the DaVinci The reason it’s reproducible , minimally invasive, and considered the best nerve sparing surgery available.

You would be surprised who is on here..

I'm not discounting your experience nor did I ever say that Davinci was not a robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy. If the surgeon used the Davinci robot then the approach was laparoscopic. That we both agree on.

However, and this could just be the fact that we're texting and not talking, but it seems like your last post was saying that if he had a radical prostatectomy than this would have been an open procedure and I'm saying thats not the case. You can have a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy as well.

For reference: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/prostatectomy/about/pac-20385198

Radical prostatectomy is surgery to remove the entire prostate gland and surrounding lymph nodes as treatment for men with localized prostate cancer. A surgeon can perform a radical prostatectomy using different techniques, including:

• Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. The surgeon makes several small incisions in your lower abdomen to remove the prostate. He or she sits at a console, using instruments attached to a computer-assisted mechanical device (robot). The robotic device allows a more precise response to movement of the surgeon's hands.
  • Open radical prostatectomy. The surgeon typically makes an incision in your lower abdomen to remove the prostate (retropubic surgery).
  • Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. The surgeon makes several small incisions in your lower abdomen and inserts special tools to remove the prostate.

Simple prostatectomy, on the other hand, is generally recommended for men with severe urinary symptoms and very enlarged prostate glands (rather than prostate cancer), and can be performed open or robotically. This enlargement of the prostate is called benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. Simple prostatectomy doesn't remove the entire prostate, as in a radical prostatectomy, but instead removes just the obstructive part of the prostate that's blocking the flow of urine.

I'm not discounting your experience nor did I ever say that Davinci was not a robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy. If the surgeon used the Davinci robot then the approach was laparoscopic. That we both agree on.

However, and this could just be the fact that we're texting and not talking, but it seems like your last post was saying that if he had a radical prostatectomy than this would have been an open procedure and I'm saying thats not the case. You can have a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy as well.

For reference: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/prostatectomy/about/pac-20385198

Radical prostatectomy is surgery to remove the entire prostate gland and surrounding lymph nodes as treatment for men with localized prostate cancer. A surgeon can perform a radical prostatectomy using different techniques, including:

• Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. The surgeon makes several small incisions in your lower abdomen to remove the prostate. He or she sits at a console, using instruments attached to a computer-assisted mechanical device (robot). The robotic device allows a more precise response to movement of the surgeon's hands.
  • Open radical prostatectomy. The surgeon typically makes an incision in your lower abdomen to remove the prostate (retropubic surgery).
  • Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. The surgeon makes several small incisions in your lower abdomen and inserts special tools to remove the prostate.

Simple prostatectomy, on the other hand, is generally recommended for men with severe urinary symptoms and very enlarged prostate glands (rather than prostate cancer), and can be performed open or robotically. This enlargement of the prostate is called benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. Simple prostatectomy doesn't remove the entire prostate, as in a radical prostatectomy, but instead removes just the obstructive part of the prostate that's blocking the flow of urine.

Where did I say open? What are you basing this on....?

Where did I say open? What are you basing this on....?

Actually he had a Robotic Assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy.. If the DaVinci was used.. Radical refers to surgical non robotic..

Ok you didn't say open but you did say radical refers to non robotic surgery which isn't correct. Radical doesnt refer to the the approach or instruments used, its refers to what was removed.

Ok you didn't say open but you did say radical refers to non robotic surgery which isn't correct. Radical doesnt refer to the the approach or instruments used, its refers to what was removed.

Thank you.. And if you leave the nerve bundles than it’s not a radical procedure....

Back
Top Bottom