• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People bought the ground beef and ground turkey and left the cured hams

It's been interesting (from a food marketer's perspective) to see which brands and SKUs remain on the shelves while vast stretches are empty. It's a sure indication of what items the retailer should stop selling due to low demand. I mean, if you can't sell it to someone during the Apocalypse of Human History in an Extinction Level Viral Epidemic? You probably don't need to carry the item.
I concur! the vegan section is full and the candy isle of course.

I concur! the vegan section is full and the candy isle of course.

upload_2020-3-18_21-46-40.jpeg

I did a quick summary of what food is in the house, and we have at least a month's worth of food. So long as we have power and water flowing, which there really is no reason why we shouldn't... We good.

I found a 19lbs turkey in the deep freezer in the garage... that alone could feed us for the better part of the week...

And if water stopped flowing, I have a 25,000 gallon pool in the back yard... I could boil the water to make sure it's safe, fill toilets with buckets... and with all the rain we have been getting, shouldn't have to worry about running out any time soon...

I don't understand how the average homeowner doesn't have 2-4 weeks of food in the fridge, freezer and pantry... Not because they need to be a vigilant prepper... but just accumulating stuff over the years... packs of rice or pasta, few jars of pasta sauce, rice... cans of soup and veggies... Crackers... Cereal... Just normal stuff that I figure everyone has...

Saw a heard of deer the other day right by my house. Neighbor feeds them, so they come around regularly. Yeah, I’m not worried about going hungry any time soon.

Just remember that some of your neighbors are thinking the same thing. Its worth discussing before one takes them all out and wastes meat.

Know how to build a smoker.

Back
Top Bottom