• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People suck

Two key words DASH CAMERA!

Everybody lies, what matters is what you can prove in court.

If you had a dash cam, you could have have said anything that they wanted to hear. Sure buddy I saw her hit you. Don’t worry I got your back.

You can give the girl your number/email and send her your copy of the evidence.

The time at the scene of the accident and the repercussions from making a false statement to an officer....

So, this morning I'm heading up 85 to go do some shooting and a few other pre hunting season things at my cabin and apparently two 18 wheelers got tangled up so 85 is a parking lot. A 45 minute trip is apparently going to take well over 2 hours. I'm in the far right lane. South of Hamilton Mill the car in front of me starts blowing it's horn. I look up to see the 18 wheeler in front of it, backing up. :confused: For a brief second I was worried the car in front of me would throw it in reverse and the rig would crunch both of us. Car is laying on their horn to no avail... CRUNCH! Truck driver finally stops :doh: and gets out to see what he hit. It's obvious nobody is hurt from the slow speed impact despite the car's hood being a triangle now. So I get in the next lane and proceed to go around them and see the person that was hit was a youngish girl, when the truck driver flags me down. I roll down my window and:
Him: You saw what happened right?
Me: Yes, I saw the whole thing.
Him: She ran into me right?
Now at that moment was the strangest feeling. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I sad, loudly in his face, the first thing that came to my mind.
Me: Are you crazy?!?
Him: (Looking a little stunned.) She ran into me.
Me: You ARE crazy. YOU hit HER.
Him: No, she hit me.
Me: OK, you're crazy and I'm pulling over to wait for the cops to tell them what actually happened.
So I pull up in front of the guy to block him in. He then gets back in his rig and starts driving towards me, hopping his brakes and blowing his horn. I sat there figuring, well, if he wants to crunch my truck, fine. This might get fun. He gets out of his truck and comes up to mine in a decidedly different tone:
Him: Do you mind pulling up so I can pull over?
Me: You're not going anywhere.
Him: I just want to get out of the lane so we don't block traffic.
Me: OK, I'm pulling up 50 feet. You better pull over.
Him: OK
He does pull over and I pull in front of him. I then walk back to go check on the girl. He stops me to "explain" that he didn't mean to lie, and accidents happen, and his foot was tired (he was rolling back) etc.. .etc. I said that's great, but you insisted SHE hit YOU so I'm done talking with you. I walk over to her and she rolls down her window and I told her I saw everything and would wait for the cops. She immediately breaks down crying. :grey: I tried to calm her down and we had plenty of time to talk since it took OVER FORTY FIVE MINUTES for GSP to get there. She was shaken up, but very nice. Funny thing is she was very polite, quiet, almost demure... UNTIL... I mentioned to her I decided to stop because he said SHE hit HIM. I won't repeat what came out of her mouth at that point. :pound:
GSP finally showed and I gave him my observations and he took my info. Presumably his insurance will cover it with no issue.

Anyway, I realize in hindsight I should haven't even thought about going on but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that guy would have tried to lie about what happened in broad daylight. I guess if I hadn't stayed it would have been her word against his and yeah.. "rear end collision". My unfounded faith in humanity needs a reality check every now and again apparently. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I found a new iphone at publix, hand it to the supervisor who in turn hands it to the owner running in a minute later who I told where he could find it. He gives me the thumbs up. In the parking lot two minutes later I find a wallet on the ground & ask the gentleman next to my car if it was his. He was in shock he dropped it & gave me the thumbs up. While driving out taking a left turn waiting for the a woman in the crosswalk to clear, turd behind me leans on the horn, yelling, gives me the finger. Agree, Just when you feel your in the right place at the right time there's always somebody to bring you back down.

Just when you feel your in the right place at the right time there's always somebody to bring you back down.

Takes all kinds to make up this world.

Today, I had a guy get upset because I couldn't read his mind and what he wanted to do in traffic (no signal and yielding to me when he shouldn't) while I was waiting on him to pass. I just laughed and shook my head like D*** that guy was a Dumb***, lol.

Reactions: MRM
Yeah people are stupid and suck ! Like the dumb a$$ on 285 south of Camp Creep Pkwy that lost a refrigerator out of his truck Saturday afternoon that my wife hit and totaled her car ! Six cars hit each other or the remains of said refrigerator ! But only three stopped ! Probably no license , insurance or had warrants on the runners ! Told the cop , he said not surprising .

So, this morning I'm heading up 85 to go do some shooting and a few other pre hunting season things at my cabin and apparently two 18 wheelers got tangled up so 85 is a parking lot. A 45 minute trip is apparently going to take well over 2 hours. I'm in the far right lane. South of Hamilton Mill the car in front of me starts blowing it's horn. I look up to see the 18 wheeler in front of it, backing up. :confused: For a brief second I was worried the car in front of me would throw it in reverse and the rig would crunch both of us. Car is laying on their horn to no avail... CRUNCH! Truck driver finally stops :doh: and gets out to see what he hit. It's obvious nobody is hurt from the slow speed impact despite the car's hood being a triangle now. So I get in the next lane and proceed to go around them and see the person that was hit was a youngish girl, when the truck driver flags me down. I roll down my window and:
Him: You saw what happened right?
Me: Yes, I saw the whole thing.
Him: She ran into me right?
Now at that moment was the strangest feeling. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I sad, loudly in his face, the first thing that came to my mind.
Me: Are you crazy?!?
Him: (Looking a little stunned.) She ran into me.
Me: You ARE crazy. YOU hit HER.
Him: No, she hit me.
Me: OK, you're crazy and I'm pulling over to wait for the cops to tell them what actually happened.
So I pull up in front of the guy to block him in. He then gets back in his rig and starts driving towards me, hopping his brakes and blowing his horn. I sat there figuring, well, if he wants to crunch my truck, fine. This might get fun. He gets out of his truck and comes up to mine in a decidedly different tone:
Him: Do you mind pulling up so I can pull over?
Me: You're not going anywhere.
Him: I just want to get out of the lane so we don't block traffic.
Me: OK, I'm pulling up 50 feet. You better pull over.
Him: OK
He does pull over and I pull in front of him. I then walk back to go check on the girl. He stops me to "explain" that he didn't mean to lie, and accidents happen, and his foot was tired (he was rolling back) etc.. .etc. I said that's great, but you insisted SHE hit YOU so I'm done talking with you. I walk over to her and she rolls down her window and I told her I saw everything and would wait for the cops. She immediately breaks down crying. :grey: I tried to calm her down and we had plenty of time to talk since it took OVER FORTY FIVE MINUTES for GSP to get there. She was shaken up, but very nice. Funny thing is she was very polite, quiet, almost demure... UNTIL... I mentioned to her I decided to stop because he said SHE hit HIM. I won't repeat what came out of her mouth at that point. :pound:
GSP finally showed and I gave him my observations and he took my info. Presumably his insurance will cover it with no issue.

Anyway, I realize in hindsight I should haven't even thought about going on but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that guy would have tried to lie about what happened in broad daylight. I guess if I hadn't stayed it would have been her word against his and yeah.. "rear end collision". My unfounded faith in humanity needs a reality check every now and again apparently. :rolleyes:
Good on you brother.

Yeah people are stupid and suck ! Like the dumb a$$ on 285 south of Camp Creep Pkwy that lost a refrigerator out of his truck Saturday afternoon that my wife hit and totaled her car ! Six cars hit each other or the remains of said refrigerator ! But only three stopped ! Probably no license , insurance or had warrants on the runners ! Told the cop , he said not surprising .
Dang! Assume she's OK?
My wife hit a sofa in the middle of 85 in North Carolina. Absolutely zero damage to the car (Maxima). I can't explain it either. Just thankful.

Back
Top Bottom