• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Peter King and the Assault Weapons Ban

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
I heard on the radio today, that Peter King has said he will support the Assault Weapons Ban that will be the sale and “possession” of assault rifles?

I’m worried because I don’t trust our republican leaders and Trump may well indeed be the kind of guy who signs an Assault Weapons Ban. But what shocks me the most is banning the possession of these weapons. That would instantly make millions of Americans Criminals with one stroke of the pen.

I’ve searched online briefly, does anyone the specific details of this current Assault Weapons Ban. What specifically does it “Ban”. Is it like our last bill that legislated magazine capacity, adjustable sticks and flash suppressors ?

The AWB 2019 bill authored by the RI democrat does not ban possession only new sales of a very long list of semi auto rifles and magazines over 10. The bill says that new weapons will be serialized with the date of manufacturer, so any new gun can be verified to be made after the ban.

I don't know if this will pass, but it wont make current owners criminals as written.

King is a RINO from NY so its not a surprise that he would endorse such horse sh**. His wording from the article is what concerns me. He stated no one "needs" that sort of weapon. If this sticks and our gov. starts legislating what it thinks we "need" our country and our freedoms as we know them are over. When representatives start telling us what we can have based on what they think we "need" they are no longer representing us but will then be ruling over us as supreme masters. Slippery slope to say the least...

The radio report didn’t mention what specific bill. The word “possession” got my attention.
Reporters often get things wrong.

Thanks for the info, that’s good to know. None is us support any AWB but especially not one that is retroactive to current owners.

It is a non issue.. nobody will get behind it it will not get out of the senate McConnell will not bring it to a vote and Trump already is on record of vetoing it...

Dead in the water...

The radio report didn’t mention what specific bill. The word “possession” got my attention.
Reporters often get things wrong.

Thanks for the info, that’s good to know. None is us support any AWB but especially not one that is retroactive to current owners.

that's why its important to read the actual bills...the retards that report the news get things wrong all the time. This bill might get some traction it the house, but it wont get heard in the Senate according to what Mitch McConnell is saying. Its an election year.

Back
Top Bottom