• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pic of 2020 Colt Python

Hickok45 weighs in.

Not a review but he has good things to say about it, and he also says that the trigger on the new one is better than the original (he talks about it around 14:40 in the video).

Watched his second video last night - and it seems the snake is having some teething problems. Hickok and another dude named GoldenWebb are having the same problem(s). Golden Webb was getting a lot of light primer strikes, and they both were having issues where the hammer would cock/release - but the cylinder would not spin. And then it would randomly start going again.

Looking to see what Colt says - because this is a spectacularly bad first-couple-videos from folks who bought/got them for review.

Interesting. Hopefully this won't be an R51-type debacle for them. At least it's something that seems to be consistent, so it's probably fairly easily addressed.

Definitely goes to show why you want to wait a bit on a new gun design, but it's better that it cam out before they had too many out there to deal with.

Watched his second video last night - and it seems the snake is having some teething problems. Hickok and another dude named GoldenWebb are having the same problem(s). Golden Webb was getting a lot of light primer strikes, and they both were having issues where the hammer would ****/release - but the cylinder would not spin. And then it would randomly start going again.

Looking to see what Colt says - because this is a spectacularly bad first-couple-videos from folks who bought/got them for review.
The hammer would c-o-c-k - as in click back to the point of being ready to rock and roll. Goodness... I am not trying to be profane ODT language moderator bot... be cool automated-man.

I'd be willing to say that the unknown gun-tuber that first reported it just had a lemon.

Plus he was using pretty crappy ammo as well, although I've never had a problem with Fiocchi in my Rugers or Smiths. Never tried the Armscor but it seemed like at least one of them was actually an ammo problem.

The fact that Hickok had the same issue with the cylinder not turning does seem to speak to them having a real, systematic problem though.

You can be sure that Colt would ship him the best they could if they had any choice in the matter. Since Buds just sends him what's off the shelf, this sounds like it could be more widespread in these first batch of guns.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle this. Will they be a Ruger and go overboard to fix the problem and get everyone squared away, or will they be a SIG and blame it all on the users?

Hickok had serial number 2014 and I just picked up 2711. Other tuber dude had one in the 1700s I think. I'm shooting mine this weekend, so we'll see what happens. Will report back here. Just to clarify... I didn't overpay haha.

Hickok had serial number 2014 and I just picked up 2711. Other tuber dude had one in the 1700s I think. I'm shooting mine this weekend, so we'll see what happens. Will report back here. Just to clarify... I didn't overpay haha.
Where did you find one, and if you don’t mind, what did you pay?

Where did you find one, and if you don’t mind, what did you pay?
I got on the wishlist with Dahlonega gold and pawn as soon as I heard they were being released. I was the first on the list for the 6”. Those guys are awesome if you’re looking for a new gun. They’ll order and charge slightly above cost. They’re all about volume over price gauging. After taxes it was still less than msrp. I’d imagine if I were to try to pull some slick stuff and sell it for 2k, I’d have to do it right now. I assume in a year or two after they’ve been in the market for a little while and start exchanging hands, they’ll sell on platforms like ODT for 1100-1400 and if I want to sell mine, I’d be ok with that. Purely speculation of course.

Shot like a dream. Put a box and a half down range. Double action was smoothest I’ve ever shot in a revolver. No issues at all. I had my fun and now I’m gonna go ahead and sell her though. It shot so nice that I’d want it to be my farm gun and I just can’t justify having a $1500 gun on my hip or keeping it locked in a safe. My guns are too utilitarian for me to justify it. It’ll be the nicest gun I’ve owned so far haha.

Back
Top Bottom