• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pick your guns

I’m not disagreeing. But it’s either sell a few hunting rifles I don’t use and replace em later as time allows, sell my cruiser, or be in debt for the next few years. And I love to ride and I hate owing anyone anything.
Kids in the future? If so, sell the cruiser, keep the guns. Been there, done that, right decision. If no kids, buy a less expensive ring. :cool:

We both have kids. Cruiser and deer season keep me sane.

And nah, she’s getting the big one up front cause she deserves it. I’ve been married, divorced and sowed my wild oats. I swore up and down I was never getting married again or settling down. Then she showed up. She’s a keeper and as I get older, I realize the important things in life. A safe full of guns I don’t use and have no sentimental value ain’t it. I faithful and beautiful woman, family, time in the woods with my kids and loved ones and a Sunday afternoon cruise on my bike with family and friends is where it’s at.

That said, push comes to shove, the bike will go along with my truck and four wheeler before my “keeper” guns that can’t be replaced do.

And nah, she’s getting the big one up front cause she deserves it. I’ve been married, divorced and sowed my wild oats. I swore up and down I was never getting married again or settling down. Then she showed up. She’s a keeper and as I get older, I realize the important things in life. A safe full of guns I don’t use and have no sentimental value ain’t it. I faithful and beautiful woman, family, time in the woods with my kids and loved ones and a Sunday afternoon cruise on my bike with family and friends is where it’s at.

And not having to make out the tiny writing on the end of the bullet to see whether it's a 7mm or a 300?

I didn't really get rid of any guns, I just replaced them.

That said, push comes to shove, the bike will go along with my truck and four wheeler before my “keeper” guns that can’t be replaced do.
Ride safe. I logged plenty of miles over 30 or so years. All of them vertical. I was on borrowed time and had too much to risk. I hear you about heirlooms, it's the vast majority of mine. Worth infinitely more than anyone would ever pay.

270 win
300 win mag
12ga slug scoped w/Nikon slughunter (favorite)

You only need 3. And the 12 slug I just put in there because you said it was a fav. You could get along fine with the ARs, 270 (deer), and the 300 (everything else on the northern hemisphere).
Good on you for thinking ahead though. Congratulations on picking a good one!

.30-30 and .30-06 just because ammo is plentiful and somewhat reasonable. You're on your own with the other 2. I'd say the slug gun, but you said you have numerous other guns and don't really need it.

270 win
300 win mag
12ga slug scoped w/Nikon slughunter (favorite)

You only need 3. And the 12 slug I just put in there because you said it was a fav. You could get along fine with the ARs, 270 (deer), and the 300 (everything else on the northern hemisphere).
Good on you for thinking ahead though. Congratulations on picking a good one!

Second this.

I'd pick whichever 4 rifles you like the best regardless of the caliber. Without any more info, 280 would be on the list for me. Why? I like the bullet variety available in 7mm and I love my 280.

Back
Top Bottom