• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked this up in the low 200 range. Anyone got one?

Amadeo Rossi & Cia - Brazilian firearms manufacturer - now part of the conglomerate (BRAZTECH) that also owns TAURUS - at one time part of the conglomerate (BANGOR PUNTA) that also owned Smith & Wesson. The Rossi revolvers gained quite a bit from that prior association as S&W engineers were sent to the Rossi plant to improve their revolvers lines and what came out of that was a South American made copy of the "1950s-60s" S&W lock work.
Your piece looks to be a Model 68 - 5 shot .38SPL, offered with 2" barrel, blued finish, rubber grips and discontinued in 1998.
Not much else to tell - except I would be leery of using +P ammo.

AND Ill give you 220... :thumb:

Amadeo Rossi & Cia - Brazilian firearms manufacturer - now part of the conglomerate (BRAZTECH) that also owns TAURUS - at one time part of the conglomerate (BANGOR PUNTA) that also owned Smith & Wesson. The Rossi revolvers gained quite a bit from that prior association as S&W engineers were sent to the Rossi plant to improve their revolvers lines and what came out of that was a South American made copy of the "1950s-60s" S&W lock work.
Your piece looks to be a Model 68 - 5 shot .38SPL, offered with 2" barrel, blued finish, rubber grips and discontinued in 1998.
Not much else to tell - except I would be leery of using +P ammo.

AND Ill give you 220... :thumb:

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info man. I was skeptical of +P as well so I'm looking at those 130gr JHP PdX "training/defense" rounds. Think that's the best bang for the grain right there. Wish I could nail down a year on it, had no idea they made them well into the late 90s!

AS mentioned by BLIP above!
I was in the gun business several decades ago when these were being imported by Inter arms.
believe the 2 snubbies were model 68 (blue) and model 88 (stainless), no difference other than that.
I do not believe that Rossi or Taurus recognize any type of warranty for any gun imported by Inter arms, you might want to double check that.
when new IF memory serves the 68 sold for about 159-169 and the 88 sold for about 189-199.
I have a model 68 in the bottom of my safe in pristine condition, it belonged to my Mom and when she passed away I got it.
Hope this fills in the blanks some for you.
I don't believe that pachmayer or Hogue make rubber grips for it any longer?

AS mentioned by BLIP above!
I was in the gun business several decades ago when these were being imported by Inter arms.
believe the 2 snubbies were model 68 (blue) and model 88 (stainless), no difference other than that.
I do not believe that Rossi or Taurus recognize any type of warranty for any gun imported by Inter arms, you might want to double check that.
when new IF memory serves the 68 sold for about 159-169 and the 88 sold for about 189-199.
I have a model 68 in the bottom of my safe in pristine condition, it belonged to my Mom and when she passed away I got it.
Hope this fills in the blanks some for you.
I don't believe that pachmayer or Hogue make rubber grips for it any longer?
The good old days of a NIB gun for 160ish that worked fine. *sigh* I was born too late in the game to have ever seen a good deal minus 300.00 AKs sky-rocketing to 700.00 my first weapon was purchased after the assault ban was lifted and prices never seemed to recover from that

Back
Top Bottom