• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Picked up this sweet knife this week. Anyone ever heard of this company or person?

rlt3241963

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I picked up this sweet knife this past week in Havana Florida at a consignment shop in there downtown area. The lady at the shop said that it was hand made locally but knows nothing about the person or company. It has a name and logo etched into the blade, "Red Dawg Forge" "J.R. Johnson" BTW, this thing is so damn sharp you could shave with it.

Anyone ever heard of them?

i49.tinypic.com_2vv3l1d.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_212smde.jpg

i45.tinypic.com_2ivctg9.jpg

That is a very nice knife.

Does this sound like your knife
J R JOHNSON Red Dawg Forge knife. Handmade boot knife style comes with White Bone Handle, Double edge blade and well-made sheath. Hilt and guard look to be nickel silver. OAL is 9-1/8" and blade length is 5-1/8".

I did a little research and found a J.R. Johnson in Plant city FL listed in the worlds greatest knife book.

http://books.google.com/books?id=CQ...Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=JRJ custom knife.&f=false

He is also involved in TOP DAWG SCHUTZHUND CLUB, INC.

John Johnson, President5535 Bob Smith Ave.Plant City, FL 33565(813) 986-4478e-mail: rottyjohn@msn.com

The info matches

Hope this helps

Last edited:
That is a very nice knife.

Does this sound like your knife
J R JOHNSON Red Dawg Forge knife. Handmade boot knife style comes with White Bone Handle, Double edge blade and well-made sheath. Hilt and guard look to be nickel silver. OAL is 9-1/8" and blade length is 5-1/8".

I did a little research and found a J.R. Johnson in Plant city FL listed in the worlds greatest knife book.

http://books.google.com/books?id=CQSAiPxe7bEC&pg=PA233&lpg=PA233&dq=JRJ+custom+knife.&source=bl&ots=JWleLuQswP&sig=2xJ_5k_s9iaLXlQU5WqHqoPor0w&hl=en&sa=X&ei=H84XUeLGCpPA9gSwpIHoBg&ved=0CG8Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=JRJ%20custom%20knife.&f=false

He is also involved in TOP DAWG SCHUTZHUND CLUB, INC.

John Johnson, President5535 Bob Smith Ave.Plant City, FL 33565(813) 986-4478e-mail: rottyjohn@msn.com

The info matches

Hope this helps

As you can see from the pic's it is not the same knife but, you did find the background information on the maker which is what I was looking for. Thank you very much... Greatly appreciated...

Back
Top Bottom