• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pics of set ups and lures...where did you catch those fish?

Lake Allatoona on Christmas morning. Vibe Seaghost 110. Zoom Watermelon fluke on a drop shot.

186FF766-2F32-42E0-B2EE-1376B20F840B.jpeg
7C0BF503-9B3B-45E0-B12B-684DA4E6C5FC.jpeg
FCE1C303-A00B-48DB-91DB-CB106F53A7E7.jpeg

“Nightcrawler secrets” from Fishing Facts magazine was the method I used to use back in the day. You would get big Canadian crawlers and pack them with the bedding and wet shredded newspaper. In the fridge for a week and they would soak up all the water and get huge. Then use ultralight 2-4 lb line with a tiny wire hook and tiny spilt shot. Hook the crawler just once through the nose so it would look natural and could move around. Lindey sold a plastic bottle with a needle on the end and you would inject an air bubble in the tail-end of the crawler so it would float up off the bottom... Man, I caught a ton of fish that way and it’s what really got me in to ultralight fishing. Just had to be really gentle with the cast in order to not tear the crawler off the way it was hooked.

Loved that magazine when I was a kid. I probably read each issue a million times back then.

SO I finally rigged up a crude drop shot rig on my ultralight Shakespeare spinning rod. HOLY MOSES. Bang, bang bang....Was using live worms for maximum effect. Fish were all over it. I also bought a rainbow/ gold rooster tail and landed a nice bass.

Back
Top Bottom