• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pics of set ups and lures...where did you catch those fish?

Had a fun time today. they we’re drilling good ol’ night crawlers
2197C2EA-982B-4D94-9D85-423A22B7B7E0.jpeg
5B283284-7AD5-4E17-971D-58666B33E21F.jpeg

i have too. tons of fish over the yrs. so much so they were a staple in my box for decades.
the problem they have is that far to often the blade lays flat against the body and you gotta give them a quick snap to get them going again. dont let there be even a sliver of grass on the lure or you just wasted a cast
because the quick snap wont work and any fish chasing is now spooked.

i dont have this problem with PantherMartin lures at all. the center pin design wont allow any of this to happen. plus, i can roll a martin 4 inches at a time if i want and the blade rolls every time. impossible with a rooster tail.
Okay, I'm a believer in the center pin.

I picked up some Mepps yesterday. (No Panther Martin available.) I did a head to head test between then and the Roostertails. I would switch back and forth between them while fishing the same pools with the same presentation. The only strikes I got all day were on the Mepps.

Until they are gone, all of my Roostertails (a lot) are relegated to panfish only. Then no more.

I picked up some Mepps yesterday. (No Panther Martin available.) I did a head to head test between then and the Roostertails. I would switch back and forth between them while fishing the same pools with the same presentation. The only strikes I got all day were on the Mepps.

Until they are gone, all of my Roostertails (a lot) are relegated to panfish only. Then no more.
Pics of the Mepps?

oh you gotta try a panther. they are a machine bro.
the mepps arent center pin.

rs.php

see the difference? the pin actually goes through the blade.
i perfect design. no blade hang ups and not spinning.

Back
Top Bottom