• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pictures from Week 4 - Where are the Fans?

I wish I had the problems the NFL has. People getting paid millions/billions to play and host a game. Please dear lord put those problems on me. Ah shucks we only made 103 million dollars this week when two years ago it was a 105 million. I might have to wait another week before buying that 5th private jet I've been looking at :lol:

The NFL is still the most watched program on TV. They still demand the highest premium from advertisers. They got the only show in the world where people literally tune in to watch the advertisement. I'd wait until they are at least number 2 before counting them out, because right now they're still at the top.

... and have nowhere to go but down from here.

In 10-15 years the NFL will be at the same level hockey is today. A 'major' sport but with an extremely limited base. Soccer will have taken over as #1 with baseball and basketball maintaining their positions pretty steadily.

Looks sold out to me....

tsspwgnecxuoqd5pnmml.jpg

... and have nowhere to go but down from here.

In 10-15 years the NFL will be at the same level hockey is today. A 'major' sport but with an extremely limited base. Soccer will have taken over as #1 with baseball and basketball maintaining their positions pretty steadily.

Makes me think of the Jai Alai talk on Mad Men. Honestly, I can't imagine a scenario where what you predict seems at all likely.

Back
Top Bottom