• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Piebald

Several years ago I was in a club in Wilkes county. One morning I was in my stand on the edge of a food plot and a grown piebald doe came out and started eating. I had a couple thoughts about shooting her then said nah, she had a lot of white on her. More white than brown. Once I decided not to shoot her 2 fawns came out and ran up to her and started nursing. That one and the one I have at my house are the only 2 I've ever seen in person.

Good call Putnambuck Putnambuck

It’s amazing what I see when I dont pull the trigger

Several years ago I was in a club in Wilkes county. One morning I was in my stand on the edge of a food plot and a grown piebald doe came out and started eating. I had a couple thoughts about shooting her then said nah, she had a lot of white on her. More white than brown. Once I decided not to shoot her 2 fawns came out and ran up to her and started nursing. That one and the one I have at my house are the only 2 I've ever seen in person.

"That one and the one at the house...", I thought you were about to say you had the two fawns mounted!

Saw one today , drove by thought initially that it was a goat.

Turned around buddy tried to video it.

Poor photo but it was cool with two other does which were normal brown.

I told my buddy we should jump out with a rifle , shoot two holes through my truck hood and watch the deer run away (like good rednecks)!

It was nice to see .View attachment 3002749View attachment 3002750
Very cool.
I got to see one three different times in one week on my way to work at 4:30am in 2009 or 10. Big, healthy eight pointer with a soccer ball size brown spot on one side & two smaller spots on the other side. Just hangin’ around somebody’s front yard about a mile & a half down from my house, so white he seemed to glow in the moonlight.

No sir, could have killed both piebalds but got too much enjoyment out of just watching them. I see the one at my house at least twice a week

That's neat. The only ones I've ever seen were at the Yellow River Game Ranch (sp?). The petting zoo in Snellville. I thought they were goats at first too.

Back
Top Bottom