• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log hogs

So I CAN use a rifle during small game season to harvest a hog?
You can use a center-fire rifle during Fur Bearer season (after the start of deer rifle season) to hunt hogs. What is the fur bearer season on the WMA you plan to hunt?

Pine Log WMA does not appear to have any fur bearer season.

In the past it has always been legal to use deer rifles during deer season to kill hogs. The change is that they made it legal to use deer rifles for fur bearers. I was told the change was made so that people could kill a fur bearer while deer hunting without breaking the law. They extended the time frame you could do this to the end of the fur bearer season.

The regs on hogs say that you can use any weapon that is legal to hunt other species with at the time you are hunting hogs. Because you can use deer rifles on fur bearers until the end of February, that means you can use deer rifles for hogs on public land until the end of February as long as there is no specific reg against it or fur bearer hunting is not allowed.

It's a little complicated, but I got this verified last year from two different sources at the DNR. Unless they have changed the interpretation since last year, it's legal.

Gotcha. So if someone is hunting public ground, this sounds like a good thing.

You can use a center-fire rifle during Fur Bearer season (after the start of deer rifle season) to hunt hogs. What is the fur bearer season on the WMA you plan to hunt?

Pine Log WMA does not appear to have any fur bearer season.

It is legal to hunt black bear on Pine Log, but have no idea if they are considered fur bearer. I also have no idea of the dates open to hunt.

I was talking to someone on here the other day about Pine Log and the legal deer season is very short there.

Just pull a rambo and sharpen a stake with your awesome survival knife then jump out a tree when a hog walks under you. Thats legal year round as long as you wear an bandana and use fire ashes to make jungle stripes on your face.

It is legal to hunt black bear on Pine Log, but have no idea if they are considered fur bearer. I also have no idea of the dates open to hunt.

I was talking to someone on here the other day about Pine Log and the legal deer season is very short there.
Fur bearers are animals like foxes, bobcats, weasels and skunks. Animals that are typically hunted and trapped for their pelts.

Tough shot to make.
I did it with a 300 blackout!:becky:
61473538-8ECF-44D9-8370-98491F20BB61.jpeg

Your best bet is to use a muzzleloader or a 22 mag. I have busted a few hogs up there. I’ll send you a PM, just give me a shout and I’ll point you in the right direction.

YES, you can hunt Hogs on Pine Log

until 28 February

the restriction for Pine Log - NO centerfire rifle allowed, and limited to No. 2 lead shot or smaller for Shotgun
leave the shotgun & bow/Xbow at home your not going to stalk up on a Hog there to get close enough to get a kill shot
best to use a Muzzle Loader that you can accurately hit with out to 100+ yds

NOTE: if a WMA is open for FURBEARERS centerfire rifles may be used

screwy thing is even though Pine Log is open for Small Game Hunts (yes, you can hunt Hogs during this time) the gates are some times closed

GATE CLOSURES
• Go to gohuntgeorgia.com for notices of road closures

At this time Pine log is not listed as having gates closed
but you never know until you go

Back
Top Bottom