• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine log wma hogs

Stone6.8

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Heading to pine log this weekend for a pig hunt. Been a handful of times but only came out with one about 4 years ago. Looking for anyone that wants to share a little bit of recent experience/signs of hogs. I’ve been to the dove fields and stalked a bunch on the north side of the property. Was thinking about coming in from the southeast near Stamp Creek Baptist Church and hiking north from there. Not sure of this area but don’t mind hiking, just happy to hear what everyone else has to say. Thanks.

They are definitely Out there. My buddies son in law saw a group out of range a few weeks ago. I’ve seen them out there on a few occasions. I killed one with a turkey load a while back. They roam around. No set location.

Heading to pine log this weekend for a pig hunt. Been a handful of times but only came out with one about 4 years ago. Looking for anyone that wants to share a little bit of recent experience/signs of hogs. I’ve been to the dove fields and stalked a bunch on the north side of the property. Was thinking about coming in from the southeast near Stamp Creek Baptist Church and hiking north from there. Not sure of this area but don’t mind hiking, just happy to hear what everyone else has to say. Thanks.

That can be some tough land to navigate. But some secluded and lots of game around stamp creek in the area. Get some good hiking boots, and a day pack.

There's a thread from last year, probably more a from other years as well. I'm not far from there, I've seen lots of sign on the road that continues back past the dove fields and way back past the old furnace off the stamp creek entry.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/pine-log-hogs.1868916/

I saw that post but didn’t want to resurrect a post from last year. Thanks for the insight, I have never been to the furnace but I am debating between there and Stamp Creek Baptist. I’m thinking with all the rain we’ve had the creeks may be hit or miss as they won’t be dependent upon a dedicated water source. Although I could be wrong also.

I'm heading out there on Sunday to look for some hogs as well. I'll probably do a good bit of driving and walking as I've never been on this WMA. Since the regs don't mention "no furbearer hunting" then I'm assuming centerfire rifles can be used because it's during small game season. Am I understanding this correctly?

Edit: After reading through that post and the regs again it sounds like there is NOT a furbearer season and therefore centerfire cannot be used. So small game weapons it is.

Back
Top Bottom