• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log WMA Land For Sale

Update the state offered between 30-40m for a portion of the property which was declined stating they “want to keep it whole”
That to me says they care more about the profit and price it’s sold for rather than “maintaining the wma for its natural beauty” as stated in the original ad. I feel bad for anyone living in the area, this will be bought up buy a major company and turned into subdivisions guaranteed

This sucks, I've only hunted that place a handful of times but I was sure glad that it was available to me since it's closer than other options.

Hopefully a property/housing crash happens soon and they decide to take the offer from the state for the whole property.

Yeah they just want the money. They had it leased to the state for the taxes and to keep up the roads. They still cut the timber and also still planted those fields and made money. If they really wanted it sold to the state they would look back at the 46 years it was a wma and take out the money that the state paid for all of that and cut the state a deal on the land instead of wanting the state to pay $50,000 an acre. I really do hope the state gets enough to buy it as a whole though. It is beautiful property and I really love hunting there, it is much better than Allatoona wma.

Yeah they just want the money. They had it leased to the state for the taxes and to keep up the roads. They still cut the timber and also still planted those fields and made money. If they really wanted it sold to the state they would look back at the 46 years it was a wma and take out the money that the state paid for all of that and cut the state a deal on the land instead of wanting the state to pay $50,000 an acre. I really do hope the state gets enough to buy it as a whole though. It is beautiful property and I really love hunting there, it is much better than Allatoona wma.
why would they want to "cut" the state a deal??? if you owned it, wouldn't you want the most out of it that you could receive??? I hold nothing back for the owners selling for what it's worth....good for them!! I would hope that the state buys it, however they probably will not....

Ga dropped the ball long ago in procuring land for wildlife& green space . Example when inland Rome & other timber companies began selling off their properties back in early 90s . The state could have acquired a lot properties across the state but they didn’t . The excuse no monies available. I know of several Wmas across the state that have either been downsized or no longer exist . Coosawetta Talking Rock Ogeechee come to mind . A lot lands around Coosawatte were owned by Ga power and they offered to sell those holdings to state but state didn’t buy the lands . You would think With Ga surplus budget at 6 billion dollars that our Dnr would be lobbying our legislators for some that money. Contact your state legislators and see what they say.

It is being sold with intent of commercial and residential development. There is a petition circulating for the state to purchase at least a large portion of the land. I believe they should, the erosion of public hunting, fishing, and recreational grounds is something the state shouldn't allow to happen without atleast trying to replace it.
Yes the cancerous sprawl around the Atlanta area that some folks call progress keeps marching own.One these days developers and politicians who live for only a &$$$ well stop look back scratch their heads wonder where all green space went. Kinda like that song they paved paradise to put up a parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom