• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pinhole leak in copper water pipe

flex-tape-water.gif

I saw that. If this doesn't work I will use that. How much pipe goes into the 3/4 shark bite?
about 3/4" I think. Seldom use them, usually just for temporary repairs to get the water back on quick, or to cap lines temporarily during remodel jobs. make sure you have no burrs on the pipe and be sure to twist it as you insert into the fitting. If you cut the o-ring in there, you wind up with an expensive projectile !

I know but this is leaking now, and I'm likely going to have to repipe the half of the house anyway

Shark bites are awesome. Used a handful of them but never anywhere that's inside a wall out of fear of them leaking. So far over the years I've never seen a leak at any of the unions where I put a shark bite.

They didn't use to, but now the bites come with an uncoupler tool to take off and re use the coupler if need be. Not sure on how much of the pipe needs to be cut but I've never had an issue.

about 3/4" I think. Seldom use them, usually just for temporary repairs to get the water back on quick, or to cap lines temporarily during remodel jobs. make sure you have no burrs on the pipe and be sure to twist it as you insert into the fitting. If you cut the o-ring in there, you wind up with an expensive projectile !
Yeah I have a deburring tool. I measured and on the 3/4 shark bites is 5/8 of pipe that goes in

Back
Top Bottom