• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistol magazines

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Why are they so freaking expensive compared to AR magazines? :confused: after buying a few glock mags I now have come to the realization of why glocks are so expensive, it's not the gun, it's the mags...:painkiller: rant over.:mad:

Pistol mag prices DO suck. Back in 13 I had to pay $30.00 for generic Hi Power mags. And as long as the Hi Power and clones have been around I wouldn't have expected it. I need at least two mags for a Taurus 709 right now and can only find them from ProMag and Taurus. I don't trust ProMag and Taurus gets $30.00 each for them. Maybe eventually all gun makers will mandate using Glock mags. But then they will skyrocket in price.

I'll jump on this thread and vent with ease. I know its a relatively scarce gun but a 9 round factory S&W 1006 or similar variant brings anywhere from $70 to $100!!! I know that only S&W made them but still its a head scratcher.

Guessing supply and demand. One AR mag will fit what seems like hundreds of brands of AR's. Pistol magazines are brand specific and many times pistol specific. So, when you make only a few of something it usually costs more, but when you make thousands upon thousands of AR mags that fit so many rifles, it becomes cheaper and those costs are usually passed on to the consumer.

Back
Top Bottom