• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pistol powder

if you are just plinking and target shooting: Clays Universal is about as clean as it gets, while maintaining accuracy in all pistol calibers.

I use Red Dot because it is cheap and accurate, but it is DIRTY.

Clean Powders that I really like: I have also used AA#5, Universal Clays, and regular Clays - only good for light loads.

So dirty that a tight 1911 will jam if not cleaned every few hundred rounds: I have found all Alliante "Dot" powders that I have used to be very dirty-BlueDot, Red Dot, Unique, and BullysEye.

if you are just plinking and target shooting: Clays Universal is about as clean as it gets, while maintaining accuracy in all pistol calibers.

I use Red Dot because it is cheap and accurate, but it is DIRTY.

Clean Powders that I really like: I have also used AA#5, Universal Clays, and regular Clays - only good for light loads.

So dirty that a tight 1911 will jam if not cleaned every few hundred rounds: I have found all Alliante "Dot" powders that I have used to be very dirty-BlueDot, Red Dot, Unique, and BullysEye.

thats what i'm doing, plinking/target shooting, the clays universal sounds like what i'm looking for. is that a powder thats east to fine?

I like Titegroup for 147 gr projectiles (mostly shot suppressed), meters well. Also have good luck with bullseye and HS6 for 115 and 124 gr. Also keep unique on hand for its versatility, but it meters terribly for me. Had decent results with Accurate No 7 with 124 gr but would leak from my check lee powder measure. Win231/HP-38 is on my list to try as well as BE-86.

We have learned to use what we can find. Luckily 9 and 45 are the most popular and there are many powders which work well in both. I used to use Unique for both .45 and 9mm and due to the shortage I decided to limit my use of Unique to 9mm and started using TiteWAD for .45. I've also bought a lot of 700X which is also useful for both and some say it is quite a bit like BullsEye. Buy a lot! there may be another run on powder!

Back
Top Bottom