• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistol red dots?

Rusty Shakleford

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
I’m thinking of crossing to the dark side and maybe putting a dot on my pistol. A group of friends and I shoot steel with a little movement for fun and to push each other to get better and really not get any fatter. One thing I have noticed is all the guys that have gone from irons to red dot have a learning curve then start burning it down and gettin all their hits. I’m interested in the ODT bank of knowledge on dot size and window size I’ve really been lookin at the trijicon SRO and Romeo3 xl as I like the bigger glass. Any and all info on these will be appreciated. I have trashed the dot guys for so long now and run my mouth that I’m gonna have to eat a big turd when I’m caught with one on my gun. I understand it’s the Indian not the arrow with shooting I’m not looking for some magic optic that is gonna make me accurate and fast I just don’t wanna pick the wrong dot size or window shape/size as theyre not that cheap so any insight will help. Thanks

Just starting down this road. Added one to an mos enjoyed it at the range. Just sent a slide to be milled for another. I noticed first range day with the dot I was making solid hits at longer distance than with irons. In for others opinions.

8DF2DCE6-BDE8-483F-A122-955FB0D2795B.jpeg

I haven’t tried but I doubt I’d get this tight a group with irons at 15 yards. 5 shots all touching on index card just for reference with a holosun dot

Back
Top Bottom