• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pistol scopes?

In. Just bought a CVA scout V2 in 6.5 creedmoor and would like recommendations for a long eye relief scope. Thanks.

First thing to ask yourself is if you really want one. Every time I've put a scope on a hunting handgun I've regretted it.

For me, I want a hunting handgun to be reasonably light and handy. That ends the moment you put a scope on it.

First thing to ask yourself is if you really want one. Every time I've put a scope on a hunting handgun I've regretted it.

For me, I want a hunting handgun to be reasonably light and handy. That ends the moment you put a scope on it.
With my eyesight being slightly worse now I would be able to see better with a scope I think. Iron sights we a little fuzzier to me now. I will be shooting a single shot 6.5 creedmore.

With my eyesight being slightly worse now I would be able to see better with a scope I think. Iron sights we a little fuzzier to me now. I will be shooting a single shot 6.5 creedmore.
With that kind of pistol you are already kind of giving up the "handy" part of handguns, so a scope isn't going to make that much difference. On revolvers they make a huge difference.

Do you wear glasses? I wear progressives and can tilt my head back a little to find the focus point for my front sight. This works for handguns, but not on rifles because you just can't move your head like that with a shouldered long gun.

With that kind of pistol you are already kind of giving up the "handy" part of handguns, so a scope isn't going to make that much difference. On revolvers they make a huge difference.

Do you wear glasses? I wear progressives and can tilt my head back a little to find the focus point for my front sight. This works for handguns, but not on rifles because you just can't move your head like that with a shouldered long gun.
I do wear glasses since I turned 50...lol. This pistol has no irons that is another reason I am asking for input for a scope
20190616_221118497.jpeg
. Didn't mean to hijack Godawgs thread.

I do wear glasses since I turned 50...lol. This pistol has no irons that is another reason I am asking for input for a scopeView attachment 2162502 . Didn't mean to hijack Godawgs thread.

Ha worries about hi jacking.

I just want to hunt with a pistol this year. I understand I’ll be giving up good qualities of the pistol but frankly I just want to be able to shoot a little farther with it.

Back
Top Bottom