• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Piston with spacer on Rifle?

I run my TiRant45 with a spacer on my AR9. Pistols get the correct piston. Like said above, center fire rifle make a great deal of pressure and need correct mounts. Buy once, cry once on class 3 stuff. If you ruin your can, how long and how much money will it cost you to repair it.

I’ll be that guy. You are putting a device that you attach to another device that is attempting to control an explosive charge. Buy the proper mount . You should never put spacers or anything else other than factory mounts on a rifle suppressor .

If it’s a .22 then knock yourself out : with a high pressure rifle round you could easily turn that suppressor into a missile .
Yes, will do - it's not that I'm frugal - I'm a cheap bastard. So I just wanted to confirm - and yall have helped. SiCo rep said he has seen a piston split in 2. For anyones benefit - their next scheduled sale is Black Friday- I'm hoping its a decent sale and I can save a few dollars.

I was also tempted to buy a Dead Air Sandman K - then get their keymo adapter that fits the Hybrid and run all Dead Air mounts - because that would save me the $95 Sico Mount :cool:

Yes, will do - it's not that I'm frugal - I'm a cheap bastard. So I just wanted to confirm - and yall have helped. SiCo rep said he has seen a piston split in 2. For anyones benefit - their next scheduled sale is Black Friday- I'm hoping its a decent sale and I can save a few dollars.

I was also tempted to buy a Dead Air Sandman K - then get their keymo adapter that fits the Hybrid and run all Dead Air mounts - because that would save me the $95 Sico Mount :cool:
SCO runs good Black Friday sales. Last year, they did a week long event. Most sales were 30-50% off. Each day was a new product line. Or, Friday is clothing, Saturday is mounts, etc.

If you ruin your can, how long and how much money will it cost you to repair it.
48 hour turnaround, and shipping costs. I'd be more worried about the gun, and flesh.

Copied from their website:
"We proudly stand behind the quality of our silencers and offer a lifetime warranty, no matter what – even if it’s not a product defect. Our 48 hour repair turnaround even warranties stupid… once."

SCO runs good Black Friday sales. Last year, they did a week long event. Most sales were 30-50% off. Each day was a new product line. Or, Friday is clothing, Saturday is mounts, etc.
Yes, I dont think I said it before in this thread - but my buddy with the same can bought his fixed mount during last years sale for around $60. But, I think the MSRP has gone up.

I hear ya. I can be a cheap bastard myself . Cheap out on the ketchup or maybe the dish soap. Not on rifle mounts bro. Buy once cry once . If you manage to break a rifle mount call sico . They rock

Back
Top Bottom