• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Piston??

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
OK-

Being new to suppressors, I am a bit confused here.

Got me a Ghost M.

Need to order a piston.

Is my understanding correct that a piston can be sent directly to me?

How is a wipe considered a part of the can, but a piston is not??

The piston is a mounting device, while the wipe is basically(and stupidly) considered a baffle.

Man. That's just goofy.

The wipe is similar to water.

Are we gonna have to ship our cans back to a manufacturer to get a refill one day ? (only halfway joking.)

Most wipes are the same size as commonly found auto parts neoprene washers or whatever so you can replace them yourself without having to order from a manufacturer

Dead Air Wolfman does it

471FC696-58AD-4046-951D-C6CE327EF925.jpeg

Most wipes are the same size as commonly found auto parts neoprene washers or whatever so you can replace them yourself without having to order from a manufacturer

Unless the law changed recently, that is actually a felony...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/20/wipes-silencer-parts/

It's not the part that's restricted, but the action of installing it. That's 'building' a suppressor according to the ATF because you are installing the 'thing' that suppresses (unlike say, an endcap).

That's one reason suppressors with wipes have fallen out of favor. Besides being kind of a pain they require us non-gov types to have to mail the can back every few hundred rounds.

One interesting thing mentioned in the article is that ANY FFL can change wipes. They don't have to be an SOT.

Just come by QRF and I’ll pop wipes in anytime . I use a slightly better material that I’ve had great success with. I have 150+ down the wolfman on same wipe .

for what it’s worth don’t try to make logical sense over laws that were passed with no logical thinking behind them. Just accept them for what they are and follow them to a T

Back
Top Bottom