• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Places to Rappel

Linachaw

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Milsurp Collector
99   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for some places to rappel around NW GA. I live in Rome. I know how to rappel and have the ropes, gloves, and carabiner. Just need a place with an anchor point and a cliff.
If you know of any places or have access to a water tower, let me know.

I'm interested in finding an easy cliff to rappel within 50 miles of Marietta, GA.
No free-hanging-- this would be a place to go with beginners. I've done my share of hanging off bridges, cliffs with negative angles, etc. Now I want a place to show friends the ropes.
Height would need to be at least 30 feet to be thrilling and not more than 80 feet due to the weight of the rope hanging and creating extra tension on your Stubai asymmetrical D-ring.

Bonus points if it's a pretty easy walk back up to the top of the cliff. Long walk is OK, if it's not too steep and you don't have to use your hands.

I'm interested in finding an easy cliff to rappel within 50 miles of Marietta, GA.
No free-hanging-- this would be a place to go with beginners. I've done my share of hanging off bridges, cliffs with negative angles, etc. Now I want a place to show friends the ropes.
Height would need to be at least 30 feet to be thrilling and not more than 80 feet due to the weight of the rope hanging and creating extra tension on your Stubai asymmetrical D-ring.

Bonus points if it's a pretty easy walk back up to the top of the cliff. Long walk is OK, if it's not too steep and you don't have to use your hands.
I just went to Crockford Pidgeon Mtn this morning. I went to "Rocktown", and there was a decent rock I rappelled down. I wasn't able to check out "Lost Wall", but I plan to go back and check it out as well. I'm really looking for a place to do free hanging.

Back
Top Bottom