Jagten
80   0
Reaction score
3E2F4046-2635-4629-B856-D31FE5736DF3.jpeg

1. even the best landing is nothing
more than a well controlled crash.
2. Never see an NTSB report
than says 'fender bender'
If an airplane is operated without intent to fly. ie ground movement/repositioning/operated to facilitate maintenance, and is damaged. It is NOT a reportable accident.

The best landings are so slick it is a non-event. I have done landings so smoothly, 012BEAFD-7286-4FB9-85C4-1E1DC0001275.jpegthat you couldn’t even hear the tires chip.

If a twin engine plane looses an engine the other engine still has enough power to get you to the crash site.
True on most general aviation twin engine aircraft. Not commercial jets, they can take off at maximum gross weight and fly one one engine. But they will never do that.

I know a pilot who flies a Beech Baron. (Light twin) He is proud of the fact that his aircraft will climb at 100 feet per minute (virtually nothing) on one engine as long as he keeps the gear and flaps up.

The moment either the gear drops or the flaps are extended, that is no longer the case. His point is that he can control the aircraft and maneuver it safely to an airport where he’ll have one shot at shooting an approach and making a safe landing.

Define ‘crash’. Bad landing, Ground Accident, controlled or uncontrolled flight into terrain, or just plain lawn dart.

"Good Landing" - any landing you can walk away from…

"Great Landing" - and landing you can re-use the same airplane…

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have done landings so smoothly, View attachment 5232707that you couldn’t even hear the tires chip.

Wet runways are the best for "roll-on" landings because the tires initially hydroplane as you touch down….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom