• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plated Bullets, not jacketed

We would like to know what cleaner fluids are you using to remove the copper fouling in the barrels???

SWEETS 7.62

HOPPE'S

Or other types of cleaning products???

curious minds just have to ask, and know???

We would like to know what cleaner fluids are you using to remove the copper fouling in the barrels???

SWEETS 7.62

HOPPE'S

Something both safe and effective on stubborn barrel fouling. NO, it does not erode your barrel!

SWEETS 7.62

HOPPE'S

I use hoppe’s copper fouling remover and some strings from the bronze/copper scrubbies for cleaning pots. I get them down Walmart and wrap a couple of strings of them around my nylon brush. Works good for cleaning lead fouling out also.
Never worried about wiping out the rifling in the barrel, been doing this for about 45 years. Before using hoppe’s just used a little kerosine with the brush and strands, then swabbed with light oil.

I have used Berry, Ranier and Extreme plated over the years.
I have used Extreme exclusively now for about 3-4 years.
I am fairly sure that every manufacture list a accepted velocity for their projectiles.
I load the 38 Super and 10 MM and have pushed Extreme pretty hard in those calibers with no problems.
I see very little if any copper build up in the barrels myself.
as mentioned I use mid range loads for lead and work up from there, most end up near FMJ/ or self defense loadings actually.
as mentioned do not shave the projectile when seating and do not crush the outer plating when crimping and I doubt that you will have much trouble.
as for them being cheap plinking projectiles of acceptable accuracy, well they shoot and fly better than I can hold and squeeze.
ATI Titan.JPG
Bersa Thunder  target.JPG
CZ 97 target.JPG
Elite Match -10.JPG

Hard to beat the Price-Performance of those EAA Witness pistols made by Tanfoglio! My experience has been that
right out of the box they usually shoot as well as (or better than) much more expensive and modified "Brand Names".

Gosh aint that right!
My EAA( Tanfoglio) Elite Match that cost me 750 out the door outshoots my CZ SP-01 Shadow -2 that cost me 1200 out the door!
now not by a lot but its still more accurate.
I almost bought the same gun except in 10 MM last week.
the metal frame EAA Witness are a well kept secret.

Back
Top Bottom