• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

plates/armor

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
so i picked up a bulletproof fiberglass plate from a guy today. it is a test piece. when i say bullet proof i should say bullet resistant, level 3a for handgun rounds.. the plates will weigh about 7 lbs per set, so they are very light. they have no sell by date, this is the stuff they use in walls and podiums, they say it will last the life of the building... looks like cost will be around $100 per set, maybe less, but no more.
so down to the fun part, i shot it with a 9mm today.... about 10 feet away,check it out. i shot it on the edge so we can hit it with a few more rounds. 44mag,357,38,380.and 22lr as well as some more 9...
plates 001.JPG
plates 002.JPG

Hard to tell from fhe pic..... did it stop the 9mm?
yep, all three rounds. i am looking at some condor plate carriers i can get from one of my wholesalers. i may be able to put together some bedside/bugout packages in the 160 range.
could you see the video? it would not let me post it directly to the site.

got my plates in today.. 3 sets, i went with the shooters cut front and square cut rear.
1 set for me, one for my dad, and one set may be up for grabs. i am gonna wrap mine in a plastic bag and then duct tape. the edges are a little sharp, being fiberglass. for the price, i am happy.
i do want to test the sample piece a little more this weekend. i will post up the results. if i can get the right deal i may order a bunch and sell it.. stuff is going for 70 a plate at the gun shows...
any interest in sets in the 100 buck range, and in condor carriers in the 160 range?
http://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-201042.aspx
looking at these.
thanks
Bob

yep, all three rounds. i am looking at some condor plate carriers i can get from one of my wholesalers. i may be able to put together some bedside/bugout packages in the 160 range.
could you see the video? it would not let me post it directly to the site.
It wanted me to sign in, but I don't do Facebook, so I can't. If you post it on youtube you can link the video to this thread.

I'll tell you, people make fun of Condor stuff, but I've got a Condor EXO plate carrier and I admit that I haven't really used it much, but it seems pretty well built.

i hate fb as well. i only use it to keep up with some games.
the condor stuff seems pretty good, and this is more bump in the night, not fight a war.
just a good set, for by the bed or in the truck in case you get caught in a peaceful anti Trump protest.

Back
Top Bottom