• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pleasant Surprise?

Heki

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
44   0
Reaction score
What handgun (or any gun for that matter) has been a pleasant surprise for you?
  • You didn't think much of it when you first saw it or held it?
  • There was something you thought you couldn't look past?
  • You got it and found it quickly become one of your favorites?
A recent one for me is the CZ P-07. With the smaller surface area of the slide being harder to rack than others and the just-out-of-reach slide release, I moved right along. After some consideration, I picked one up and I've gotta say it's quickly become one of my favorites. I love the feel and it's a pleasure to shoot. I'm also a fan of the beavertail (minus the mold seam) and the textured areas on the sides.

henrykimphotography.com_realestate_p07_1.jpg

One I don't have anymore but the Mossberg MVP Varmit 5.56 with the bench stock. Would throw a 6 inch group at 500m all day long. I was pleasantly surprised.

Groups probably could have been better but I was using a ATN XSight. This was my Yote hunting rig back in North Carolina.

received_1733087400237962.jpeg

Smith & Wesson Shield. Saw them a million times in gun shops and never really considered purchasing one. Then one day decided to try one and it quickly became one of my favorite carry guns. Great quality, easy to carry, reliable and excellent price.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the Glock 43X. At first I didn't see the point of a 43 with a longer grip, but after holding and shooting the pistol it makes perfect sense now. Then after purchasing the Shield Arms S15 magazine it too has became one of my favorite carry guns. Getting the same capacity as a G19 in a pistol as small as the 43X is pretty damn awesome.

Glock 19x and Glock 43x

I wasn’t on board with either of them, I had a 43 and HATED IT, and had a stock 19 and it’s good but nothing special. The Agency Arms 19 that I have however is unbelievable to shoot.

The 43x was the real shocker, it shoots nothing like a 43 and is great for small size ccw.
The 19x has become my favorite, even over my Sig legion. The 43x with the shield mags makes a EXCELLENT CCW.

G34...I figured it would shoot good, be reliable, etc, but I did not think I would ever really use it or carry it. I almost sold it a couple of times. Then I started shooting it, and carrying it, and now it is my edc while my G19 sits in the safe.

What handgun (or any gun for that matter) has been a pleasant surprise for you?
  • You didn't think much of it when you first saw it or held it?
  • There was something you thought you couldn't look past?
  • You got it and found it quickly become one of your favorites?
A recent one for me is the CZ P-07. With the smaller surface area of the slide being harder to rack than others and the just-out-of-reach slide release, I moved right along. After some consideration, I picked one up and I've gotta say it's quickly become one of my favorites. I love the feel and it's a pleasure to shoot. I'm also a fan of the beavertail (minus the mold seam) and the textured areas on the sides.

henrykimphotography.com_realestate_p07_1.jpg

Any mods? I have one that I completely customized. Full Cajun Gunworks kit, light weight hammer, recoil reduction spring, etc. Easily top 3 of my favorites. Thinking about adding an RMR.

Back
Top Bottom