• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PLEASE BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Lee was a beast with some 'chucks
Sho nuff! I still have three of mine, used to be fairly decent with em' but I haven't practiced in a while. I beat the crap outta myself when I was learning how to use them, had bruises all over & a few knots on my head for months! Lol!

WTF? Sorry to hear.

To quote the movie Shooter: "For the record, I don't like the way this turned out any more than you do, but this is the world we live in and justice does not always prevail. It's not the Wild West where you can clean up the streets with a gun... even though sometimes that's exactly what's needed."

Not saying we should clean up the streets with guns, just saying a lot of us probably have itchy trigger fingers...

WTF? Sorry to hear.

To quote the movie Shooter: "For the record, I don't like the way this turned out any more than you do, but this is the world we live in and justice does not always prevail. It's not the Wild West where you can clean up the streets with a gun... even though sometimes that's exactly what's needed."

Not saying we should clean up the streets with guns, just saying a lot of us probably have itchy trigger fingers...
True dat! Thanks man.

Look, do you really think for one minute I'd have posted this if I thought for one second that my nephew was even partially at fault here?!?! If I thought he had anything to do with causing this I'd beat his ass myself and he damn sure knows I can do it. When he was a senior in high school he was about 6'1" & 280 lbs benching 360 lbs, I was 55 years old and all of 5'8" & 150 lbs soaking wet with all kinds of back problems including 5 bad discs in my back & neck. He started goofing around thinking he could push ol' uncle Tazz around, when he lowered his head and bull rushed me I slapped his big ass in a guillotine and dropped all my weight on top of him so fast all he could do was fall to his knees and beg me not to put him to sleep. Nah, he don't wanna get embarrassed like that again.
Oh yeah, thanks for the well wishes for him though. Smh.....
I didn’t mean to offend you. There are 3 sides to a story. I don’t know the area but someone mentioned a gas station up the street that stays open 24 hours. Why would go to this one? I am just saying sometimes young people do dumb stuff and when they find themselves in trouble they don’t tell the whole story to the ones helping them.

I didn’t mean to offend you. There are 3 sides to a story. I don’t know the area but someone mentioned a gas station up the street that stays open 24 hours. Why would go to this one? I am just saying sometimes young people do dumb stuff and when they find themselves in trouble they don’t tell the whole story to the ones helping them.
Yeah and I already addressed that question, you can go back and re-read the thread. No need for me to keep doing it. As far as being offended, I'm not offended by your original question. Abortion offends me, disrespect of our military and law enforcement offends me, disrespecting my GOD offends me but your question didn't offend me. I just didn't like it, don't mean we can't get along in here though. Carry on.

Did he get to keep the job?
I'm not sure but I don't think it's gonna work out for him. He's really been through the ringer this past couple of years and was just starting to try to put his life back together when this happened. It was a pretty traumatic experience, now he feels like the whole world is against him. The family has been trying for a while to get him to go for grief counseling over the loss of his Dad, the hospital provided info for counseling on the robbery too but he's resisting and seems to be afraid to leave the house except to go stay with his Grandma. All he wants to do is stay in the bed and sleep and I don't know how else to help except keep encouraging him to seek counseling. One of my own sons (youngest) got jumped when he & a buddy came home on leave for Thanksgiving in '07 but my son is very strong mentally and just shook it off as just another life experience. He didn't even miss a step, just carried on with his life and kept on truckin' so to speak.

I'm not sure but I don't think it's gonna work out for him. He's really been through the ringer this past couple of years and was just starting to try to put his life back together when this happened. It was a pretty traumatic experience, now he feels like the whole world is against him. The family has been trying for a while to get him to go for grief counseling over the loss of his Dad, the hospital provided info for counseling on the robbery too but he's resisting and seems to be afraid to leave the house except to go stay with his Grandma. All he wants to do is stay in the bed and sleep and I don't know how else to help except keep encouraging him to seek counseling. One of my own sons (youngest) got jumped when he & a buddy came home on leave for Thanksgiving in '07 but my son is very strong mentally and just shook it off as just another life experience. He didn't even miss a step, just carried on with his life and kept on truckin' so to speak.

If he won't get counseling from a pro he could read some books that will help.
I recommend everything by Andy Andrews as a start. Grief counseling I'm not up to date on but Zig Zigler wrote a great book on it many years ago.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/080542745...-4-wl-ddt0_sce0_prc0_aapi0&ref=bit_scomp_sav0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom