• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
View attachment 770955 View attachment 770953 View attachment 770952 View attachment 770951 View attachment 770948 Just a few more of him experiencing first time doin thing like the ear muffs and sunglasses was his first dirt track race, his first cat fish that he hooked with his fiest puppies, helping me clean papa's ol nitro special shotgun. Please don't think I'm sending these to you to make you feel bad or to gloat I just wanted to share some of our memories to maybe somehow help or show how proud I am. I will stop posting pics if it makes you uncomfortable or upsets you again I am NOT posting these to upset you in ANY way please don't think that's what I'm doing.

It's all good. you actually put a smile on my face. Naturally these are things I wanted to experience with Houston but knowing you are reliving these memories is a good thing my friend...a good thing.. This was his version of the little mower. This was taken his last week... 20160125_134612.jpg

My name is Brent I'm not sure of yours yet but either way I feel as though we know each other an that means something to me, I am only a pm away if you need to talk, get something off your chest or whatever it may be. As for the OP I don't have any tools an engraver would use or furniture for that matter but don't hesitate to ask for anything if I can help the travel distance isn't a problem. Thanks for talking with me and until we talk again I'll continue to hope an pray for the best for you.

My name is Brent I'm not sure of yours yet but either way I feel as though we know each other an that means something to me, I am only a pm away if you need to talk, get something off your chest or whatever it may be. As for the OP I don't have any tools an engraver would use or furniture for that matter but don't hesitate to ask for anything if I can help the travel distance isn't a problem. Thanks for talking with me and until we talk again I'll continue to hope an pray for the best for you.

Brent, My name is Kelly..Kelly Williams and I am the OP. My son's death put me/us in a position I have never been in before. We have stretched our finances trying to make a dream come true purchasing a property in Palm Beach where I grew up. We wanted to move down and raise our son down there. I had dreams of a little fisherman in board shorts with his blonde hair hanging out at the beach or fishing the jetty's. His death occurred right in front of the property. I found myself here, unable to work, my wife working to take care of us and make the dream happen and absorb all my medical bills and while Houston was here we were happy and he kept me occupied. After his death we were met with expenses we did not expect and I now have nothing t keep my mind occupied. I never asked for help in my life, I was always the help. I've seen the gentlemen on this site do marvelous things so I asked if anyone had some used chisels or checkering tools and some wooden furniture I could practice on to occupy some of my time. My injuries are pretty severe so I can't do for long periods but any break from sitting and thinking keeps me from melting down over our loss. Some have been generous and those who can't have sent their prayers and well wishes which all help out in the end. My boy was my life for the last 17 months every day so he defined me. I haven't been able to work in 4 years so he was a blessing in so many ways. My being at home every day meant I was daycare but in that the most loving bond I have ever known was formed. Losing him is killing me but the sun will rise every day whether you want it to or not sometimes. Now I have to push forward and move on feeling guilty every time I catch myself smiling or thinking I'm actually living while he is not. It's kind of a survivors guilt I think. These are the hardest of times but people like you I can talk to and the guys here who have offered an ear and those who did donate to help me and send prayers give me hope and help move me forward through the next day. The very best in people shows up when things are at their worst. I can think of nothing worse than the loss of my innocent, sweet , loving baby boy. You see this in your son right now because he is close to that age so you kind of understand by the mere thought of losing him. You can see how tragic it could be and believe me, it is. No parent should bury their child and every child should have a chance at a life. to get old enough to at least be bad or do something wrong. At his age he was perfect so I know he's with God...I just wish he were still here with me and we could follow our dreams and make them come true. Now we have a tainted property that is just a debt we don't even know if we can stand. If we move there it will be an every day reminder....tough to take..So, I appreciate the conversation, the prayers , the well wishes, the hope ,and everything these men have done for me, from the bottom of my heart....I hope to TTYL

I understand wanting to keep busy, I'll look in the safe an in the closets I might have a stock or something, surely out of all the things I've acquired over the years there's something I can send, and did I read the post correctly an see you were looking for deer antlers? If so I have a lot of those nailed up to the boys tree house, there not monsters but some might offer some available real estate to hone your skills, let me check this evening and PM me your shipping address and details I'll need to get them to you as I've never really shipped anything other than letters in the mail.

Kelly,
I am so sorry to hear about your struggles and losses! I can't even try to imagine!

Thank you Jay...Yeah, yesterday we spent time with my wife's family for her Mother's Mother's Day. It was tough just being around all the kids with our boy not playing in the middle of his cousins but when her mom said something about not being able to wait and see what the other 9 turned out to be it gutted me because that number should be 10. In less than 3 months he doesn't even get counted in a family count.While I understand he is not going to get to "become" something I just thought it was a poor choice of words. The hardest thing for me is he counts. He matters. The aftermath of his death has been just consuming. I used to play with all the kids and they looked forward to their fun Uncle Kelly showing up. I even heard them and their excitement yesterday when we stepped out of the car...but I'm not the same man I was three months ago.. A loss like this changes your expression on your face. The ignorant joy and taking life for granted is gone and seeing death like that makes for a different man....and woman. I can see it in my wife too. she used to be so joyous and carefree and now it seems as though there is a weight on her shoulders and her joy has been stolen...I seriously hope and pray no one ever knows this kind of pain. It is a life sentence like a soldier who loses his brother's from right beside him and survives not understanding why him...I see how it stays with a man...God Bless you my friend and again, I hope you never know what it is like. My boy was just an innocent baby full of life and joy and happiness and love. He never got the chance to even choose his own path...

Been a while since this thread has been bumped. My wife is shipping some stuff out to you that we talked about via pm tomorrow.

I have talked a little bit with this guy in PM. If any of you folks have some stuff to send out to him to keep something to look forward to, and to keep his mind occupied, please do.

Back
Top Bottom