• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please identify this FN-49???

chris015

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Alright. Never owned one. Came across one at a shop that has it on hold for me until i can figure out what this thing is from etc. Its 8mm,Seems to be in really good condition.
Here is some pictures. Tell me what i have here. Maybe what its worth. Thanks!!!!!!
IMG_20181103_121230434.jpg
IMG_20181103_121313309.jpg
IMG_20181103_121329176.jpg
IMG_20181103_121431102.jpg
IMG_20181103_121516675(1).jpg

Attachments

• 696.jpg
    696.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 14
So its just your standard Egyptian? Some of the writing looks Arabic? I can get this for a really good deal. Kinda thought about buying it and keeping it for a while and shooting it and maybe flipping it later. Not sure on bore yet Granite il have the check. Thanks again!

So its just your standard Egyptian? Some of the writing looks Arabic? I can get this for a really good deal. Kinda thought about buying it and keeping it for a while and shooting it and maybe flipping it later. Not sure on bore yet Granite il have the check. Thanks again!

Well how much can you get it for?

The original stock on yours is getting harder to find. I have an Egyptian model, with I think a nice Century replacement stock...wish I had the original.
Providing your bore is good (mine is excellent), these guns are reasonably accurate, reliable, and very fun to shoot. They are very nicely crafted rifles, good machine work, and in my opinion, in the same class as a Garand.
I would not part with mine, but if I were, I would ask 700 minimum.

I believe the writing on the receiver and sights is called Farci?? I think? My Egyptian has the same but it’s been colored filled bright yellow and green....for some reason. And century beechwood stock but does sport brass buttplate instead of the plastic century buttplate. Just a little advice though...don’t try to bend the little arm on the gas adjustment collar! There very hard and BRITTLE. I can’t find a replacement. Great rifles and not terribly common.

Back
Top Bottom