• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please identify

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
A friend I have out of town has this pistol. I will tried to get him to identify what he purchased but best I can get from him is a picture. He says the saftey engages after each shot. I'm trying to figure out what it is and if there is a way to alter this. Thanks.
IMG_0275.jpg

It's appears to be a 1911 of some make. Most likely he is bumping the safety with his thumb/hand when he is shooting. 1911 safeties move up to lock and have to be physically moved as far as I know. He may need to change his grip and shoot thumbs pointing forward.

It's appears to be a 1911 of some make. Most likely he is bumping the safety with his thumb/hand when he is shooting. 1911 safeties move up to lock and have to be physically moved as far as I know. He may need to change his grip and shoot thumbs pointing forward.

This. If the 1911 has a large ambi safety lever he may be engaging it that way also.

I saw him the other day but he didn't have it on him. I've never heard of a gun engaging a safety the way he describes it. I didn't consider that he may be accidently engaging the saftey.
I'll have to see if I can get more info from him. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom