• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please post your upper! I am wanting to build a SBR 300blk upper

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
Need some ideas! I got a Noveske MUR upper for my 16" 300blk. I want to have another 300blk but this time SBR! I don't want to get the same upper... but do people have the same rifle just different length?

I am probably leaning towards a Noveske or Rainier barrel unless you guys think someone else has just as good barrels for 300blk.

Never heard of Loki. I'm planning to use my new acquired Noveske SWS quad rail 9"! I been looking for one for so long and got it for a DEAL!

Attachments

• IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Around 10.2" or 10.5". I don't know if the suppressor can seat inside..... Don't have my 762SND6 yet... You think my M4-2000 could mimic it? I just checked and its same diameter.

Last edited:
It's still in the conception phase but I am leaning towards going with a Core 15 9.5" barrel with a 1/8 twist and a Head Down Provectus 9" rail. That's unless AAC gets their 9" barrels back in stock any time soon and I can use my $200 DTM bonus..... I'm still waiting on my SDN6 but it shouldn't be too much longer on that so conception will soon become reality.

Last edited:
It took about a year after my first SBR, but now I don't own a non SBR AR besides the SIG I have listed. My barrel lengths and calibers are 4.5" 22LR, 8.5" 300 BLK, 10.5" 5.56, 10.5" 5.45, and 14.5" 5.56.

Why keep the 16" 300 BLK? I would just order a new SBR barrel for that upper and sell the 16" barrel. Once you have the SBR what would you ever use the 16" barrel for?

It took about a year after my first SBR, but now I don't own a non SBR AR besides the SIG I have listed. My barrel lengths and calibers are 4.5" 22LR, 8.5" 300 BLK, 10.5" 5.56, 10.5" 5.45, and 14.5" 5.56.

Why keep the 16" 300 BLK? I would just order a new SBR barrel for that upper and sell the 16" barrel. Once you have the SBR what would you ever use the 16" barrel for?

Originally I wanted something a little bit more velocity and for hunting purposes. I read an article dedicated to John Noveske and the guy hit the 1000 yards with 16" SS 300blk Noveske barrel. Yeah that convinced me the 16" wouldn't be a bad hunting length. Now I want a sbr 300blk because I acquired the quad rail I originally wanted. My 16" is on the Noveske vltor upper which I did not know it does not like rails that have anti rotation tabs. Ended up filing them off and kept one tab so it won't vibrate loose. Now if I take your advise, I would have a fortis rail with one tab filed off lol. No one would buy that unless I pretty much sell it for $100 lost.

Back
Top Bottom