• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please recommend me a PISTOL I can tinker with

Hussar

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
39   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pistol I can tinker with. I don't want a 1911 or any gun requires a lot of fit and finish work to get parts working ( don't have access to the tools and been there done that)

So far I am looking between

-P226/P229

-CZ 75/P01

- 92FS

Must be 9mm. If anyone has any other good suggestions let me know! Thank you

Edit: Not interested in Ar pistol or anything like that just finished that build up.

What about a Glock..17 or 34.. the options and parts available or almost limitless.

Or A Glock 22 or 23 or 32 and have fun with caliber conversions

If you don't like the Glock...I'd go with a beretta 92 and have fun... with Wilson parts

What about a Glock..17 or 34.. the options and parts available or almost limitless.

Or A Glock 22 or 23 or 32 and have fun with caliber conversions

If you don't like the Glock...I'd go with a beretta 92 and have fun... with Wilson parts

Glock.

Not sure what you're looking to do in terms of tinkering but I can't imagine doing too much stuff to the P226 or the Beretta. Glock though the possibilities are rather endless.

Just want something I can play around with and build up part by part. Heirloom isn't the correct word for this but a glock doesn't really fit the bill for it if you catch my drift? Don't worry though plan to get a 17 or a 19 before I finish this project totally : )

IMG_20170717_232342.jpg

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pistol I can tinker with. I don't want a 1911 or any gun requires a lot of fit and finish work to get parts working ( don't have access to the tools and been there done that)

So far I am looking between

-P226/P229

-CZ 75/P01

- 92FS

Must be 9mm. If anyone has any other good suggestions let me know! Thank you

Edit: Not interested in Ar pistol or anything like that just finished that build up.

I have a Beretta 92f, and everyone of the males in my family learn to break it down and tinker with it, I'm talking about 15 males. It's a easy gun to learn and play with.

Just want something I can play around with and build up part by part.

There is no gun you can do that with aside from the 1911.

You just have to look to see what aftermarket parts are available for the firearm you're looking at messing with. The more parts available the better project it will be. There are a lot of companies that make various Glock parts which is why they are going to be #2 to the 1911. Wilson makes a lot of small parts for the Beretta. I dont know about CZ, I know they have a big following but not sure of a company that supplies parts for them. The P226 I wouldn't change anything except maybe the SRT trigger.

I find that a lot of guns all you can do is change the sights. 1911 is where its at for tinkering. You can change from frame to front sight and everything in between.

Tinker? Been there got the t-shirt with fit and finish?

I must be missing something.

I've built up a 1911 before scratched the inch so I'm not really interested in that platform for this

There is no gun you can do that with aside from the 1911.

You just have to look to see what aftermarket parts are available for the firearm you're looking at messing with. The more parts available the better project it will be. There are a lot of companies that make various Glock parts which is why they are going to be #2 to the 1911. Wilson makes a lot of small parts for the Beretta. I dont know about CZ, I know they have a big following but not sure of a company that supplies parts for them. The P226 I wouldn't change anything except maybe the SRT trigger.

I find that a lot of guns all you can do is change the sights. 1911 is where its at for tinkering. You can change from frame to front sight and everything in between.

I know, I've built up a 1911 before. I sold it because I'm consolidating handguns to just 22 and 9mm and there is something wrong with a 9mm 1911 to me and I can't afford a 2011 or race gun so I'm trying to stick with other metal frames guns. Maybe I'll end up getting a 9mm colt competition.

Back
Top Bottom