• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PM Etiquette

So I made an offer yesterday for $20.00 off of what he was asking and got crickets. I wasn’t trying to insult the man but he could have responded. But he didn’t. Am I that guy who is low balling?

I reply to all pm's no matter how ridiculous the offer may be. And no you're not that guy and even if you were a "No thanks" reply is just good manners and common courtesy.

I have decided that responding to pm’s takes too much time.
So in the future if you pm me with an offer I will be using a “shorthand” method of replying.
Below are my responses with explanation:

:thumb:Done deal. Where do we meet?
:ear: Close but no cigar. Try again.
:doh: Good grief. Go away. You are wasting my time.
:censored:That’s insulting. **** you.
:hand: Decent offer but you got too much negative feedback for me.
:smiley_simmons: Your libtard posts have just bitten you in the ass. I won’t sell to you.
:greedy_dollars: Offer too low. Add more cash.
:sick: This conversation is giving me a headache. Over n out.

Above is just off the top of my head...I’ll think about it and do some more refining perhaps.
It is making me happy to think about how much time I can save in my pm’s now.

perhaps the mods can help each of us with stickie pm that appears at the top of all pm’s?
Then we could all have our personal shorthand emoji language?
Or of course if it’s simpler for everyone to just all use the above so that we can all have a universal, commonly used and understood emoji pm language then I will humbly offer the above for free.
Well, maybe the first ten are free. Then y’all can pay me dime every time you use one after that?
And I can police the pm’s to ensure proper usage and payments to me?
Come on, it will be fun.

LOL. All true and common here now.

Usually, if my reply is anything other than a flat "No." or "No thanks" there is a chance we might do the neckbeard tango.

No = "**** off nitwit."
No thanks = "Nice try. Better luck on Facebook or Craigslist."

Anything else = "Let's talk."
That answers what you meant , I thought it was a fair offer. Sorry:bounce:

Back
Top Bottom