• Chicken burrito

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Unclesteve-o

Default rank <1500 posts
You know more than me
49   0
Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I've had a few people post less than helpful responses to PM's in public threads. I know I can not tell people what to do, but I see that as petty. Recently, I've had lots of changes happen to me financially so I try to keep my listing the same because I am not sure as to what my financial situation will be in a week or so. Has anyone else had people bring Pm's that the recipient took personally into the tread and tried to make you look like a dishonest person? If its just me then maybe I need to take a look at myself.

I didn't take it personally about your not wanting to sell me the rifle for your full listed price without contracting me for 1.5 days or even discussing it with me except to say that you're exploring this and that.

I got tired of replying to PM's from other ODT'ers who asked why I did not follow through with my commitment to purchase your rifle and I wanted others to know that I did NOT welch on buying your rifle.
Dammit man! It TAKES TIME for ALL the bids to come in. Don't you know nothing?

If I want someone's item, I PM the member. What I don't understand is why someone puts "PM sent" in the thread which automatically bumps the ad and increases the views and chance that someone else will try to outdeal you for the item (especially with all the cutthroats online nowadays). There have been many deals lost just by that one dumb move. I think the "P" in PM does still mean "private" right?

If I want someone's item, I PM the member. What I don't understand is why someone puts "PM sent" in the thread which automatically bumps the ad and increases the views and chance that someone else will try to outdeal you for the item (especially with all the cutthroats online nowadays). There have been many deals lost just by that one dumb move. I think the "P" in PM does still mean "private" right?
"PM Sent" simply alerts the seller and other members that you've placed a bid on the item. This is especially important to the seller. Every time someone posts that it puts all other bidders on notice that there is a potentially higher bid being placed on the item. Some members are known to pay more than others for certain items so their post of "PM sent" may cause the typical mouth breathing neckbeard to withhold their low ball offers, thus preventing the seller's inbox from filling up with ridiculous time wasting "negotiations."

"PM Sent" simply alerts the seller and other members that you've placed a bid on the item. This is especially important to the seller. Every time someone posts that it puts all other bidders on notice that there is a potentially higher bid being placed on the item. Some members are known to pay more than others for certain items so their post of "PM sent" may cause the typical mouth breathing neckbeard to withhold their low ball offers, thus preventing the seller's inbox from filling up with ridiculous time wasting "negotiations."
My point exactly, by sending the member a PM I am letting him know privately that I'm interested in his item. If the mods decide to change the abbreviation to "public" message then I guess I'll have to send my offers by carrier pigeon. Too many folks willing to accept a higher than advertised price from all the wolves out there, just my choice to try and avoid that scenario.......

make you look like a dishonest person?.

I only said I offered to buy what you had listed at YOUR listed price (in a private PM). . . then you told me the price just went up $125 . . . But yet the item was still listed at the price I agreed and offered to pay. Call it whatever you want to call it .......

Back
Top Bottom