Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Petty

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Who ****ing cares

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Chicken burrito

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
I didn't take it personally about your not wanting to sell me the rifle for your full listed price without contracting me for 1.5 days or even discussing it with me except to say that you're exploring this and that.

I got tired of replying to PM's from other ODT'ers who asked why I did not follow through with my commitment to purchase your rifle and I wanted others to know that I did NOT welch on buying your rifle.
This wasn't a reference towards that instance e. If I wasn't a dummy, and knew I could just delete the message, this wouldnt even be an issue. Sometimes it takes myself to look like a dummy to actually learn something.

My point exactly, by sending the member a PM I am letting him know privately that I'm interested in his item. If the mods decide to change the abbreviation to "public" message then I guess I'll have to send my offers by carrier pigeon. Too many folks willing to accept a higher than advertised price from all the wolves out there, just my choice to try and avoid that scenario.......

I only said I offered to buy what you had listed at YOUR listed price (in a private PM). . . then you told me the price just went up $125 . . . But yet the item was still listed at the price I agreed and offered to pay. Call it whatever you want to call it .......

That's how an ODT "auction' works. If you see a Colt Python listed for $1,100 OBO, that's an auction. Romy PSL for $900? That's an auction.

There are no "marketplace rules" here. No one is required to sail an item at their advertised price Learnt that a long, long time ago. Low asking price is code for "PM your bids please."

That's how an ODT "auction' works. If you see a Colt Python listed for $1,100 OBO, that's an auction. Romy PSL for $900? That's an auction.

There are no "marketplace rules" here. No one is required to sail an item at their advertised price Learnt that a long, long time ago. Low asking price is code for "PM your bids please."
Guess I'm more old school, "OBO" in my understanding is best offer less than my asking price, not more. I'm something rarely seen on here nowadays, a man of my word. If I list a price for something, I'm not going to sell it to someone that offers more than the price I agreed I'd sell it for originally. To each his own, I'd much rather have a honest reputation over a few more dollars.......

And in the thread listing instructions, it asks for a "sale price" not "opening bid", unless things have changed since Friday when I listed my last item for sale.

Guess I'm more old school, "OBO" in my understanding is best offer less than my asking price, not more. I'm something rarely seen on here nowadays, a man of my word. If I list a price for something, I'm not going to sell it to someone that offers more than the price I agreed I'd sell it for originally. To each his own, I'd much rather have a honest reputation over a few more dollars.......

And in the thread listing instructions, it asks for a "sale price" not "opening bid", unless things have changed since Friday when I listed my last item for sale.

I'm not endorsing the practice, I'm just telling it like it is. Like it or not, it's how some cells are run here. Not all. Some. There are no marketplace rules against it and I know some that promote the practice.

The only thing you can get a neg for is failing to show at an agreed upon meeting time and place. IF that was set in a PM. Everyone can 'act' all noble and just, but it's neckbeard eat neckbeard out there. Whoever gits there fustest wid the mostest is the winner.

I'm not endorsing the practice, I'm just telling it like it is. Like it or not, it's how some cells are run here. Not all. Some. There are no marketplace rules against it and I know some that promote the practice.

The only thing you can get a neg for is failing to show at an agreed upon meeting time and place. IF that was set in a PM. Everyone can 'act' all noble and just, but it's neckbeard eat neckbeard out there. Whoever gits there fustest wid the mostest is the winner.
Yeah but I'll just choose not to participate in those "whoever" deals. Winning a stupid bid over somebody else doesn't rank way up there on my priorities list. If I'm gonna do that I'll go on ebay.

I didn't take it personally about your not wanting to sell me the rifle for your full listed price without contracting me for 1.5 days or even discussing it with me except to say that you're exploring this and that.

I got tired of replying to PM's from other ODT'ers who asked why I did not follow through with my commitment to purchase your rifle and I wanted others to know that I did NOT welch on buying your rifle.

Obviously you missed the MEMO. :pop2:

There is no rule requiring a member to reply to your PMs. :doh:

Or so I've been told.:wacko:

The lying and lame excuses are bountiful amongst those who are to inconsiderate to reply.:fish2:

Yeah but I'll just choose not to participate in those "whoever" deals. Winning a stupid bid over somebody else doesn't rank way up there on my priorities list. If I'm gonna do that I'll go on ebay.
I agree with you. I won't do it either, never have, never will. I may run an auction here but I'd never participate in one as a bidder. If I want auction action I go to a real auction.

Back
Top Bottom