• Who ****ing cares

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Chicken burrito

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Obviously you missed the MEMO. :pop2:

There is no rule requiring a member to reply to your PMs. :doh:

Or so I've been told.:wacko:

The lying and lame excuses are bountiful amongst those who are to inconsiderate to reply.:fish2:
I think low bidders should at least get a PM back ridiculing their offer. At least.

Guess I'm more old school, "OBO" in my understanding is best offer less than my asking price, not more. I'm something rarely seen on here nowadays, a man of my word. If I list a price for something, I'm not going to sell it to someone that offers more than the price I agreed I'd sell it for originally. To each his own, I'd much rather have a honest reputation over a few more dollars.......
A little patronizing, but that's ok. I dont mean this in an ironic fashion, sometimes I need to pay bills more than worry about a reputation on here.
Fortunately my "old school" boss finally got me my money (a week after they were supposed to) and do not have to sell it for the most I can get for it (auction style). People think so highly of themselves that they forget bull**** happens and that everyone has it on their shoes.

I'm not endorsing the practice, I'm just telling it like it is. Like it or not, it's how some cells are run here. Not all. Some. There are no marketplace rules against it and I know some that promote the practice.

The only thing you can get a neg for is failing to show at an agreed upon meeting time and place. IF that was set in a PM. Everyone can 'act' all noble and just, but it's neckbeard eat neckbeard out there. Whoever gits there fustest wid the mostest is the winner.

Then you have the "Call Me" to discuss a transaction....................that ain't happening either.

I think low bidders should at least get a PM back ridiculing their offer. At least.

You can offer full price, and some will not reply, then there are others that will PM you with an offer and then ghost.

I always answer PMs, even if it gets me a couple of months vacation. lol

A little patronizing, but that's ok. I dont mean this in an ironic fashion, sometimes I need to pay bills more than worry about a reputation on here.
Fortunately my "old school" boss finally got me my money (a week after they were supposed to) and do not have to sell it for the most I can get for it (auction style). People think so highly of themselves that they forget bull**** happens and that everyone has it on their shoes.

If max sail price is your goal, Guybroker is a much better place than here.

If you were violating a 'rule' I'd understand your post more. There are no rules on how you can sail your items here. The only rule really is that you have to have an agreed upon time and place for a 'meet' in a PM in order for a neg feedback to stick in case one party fails to show. Even that's a little arbitrary depending upon your but buddy status with certain PTB.

The bottom line is people can do whatever they want. I try not to be a dick and I don't deal with dicks. I don't get pissed off, you never know what's going on in someone's life. I behave as ethically as I can so I can sleep at night. If others don't that's on them, I just won't deal with them.

Making comments in a thread, especially negative comments and memes isn't allowed .
Any negative comments, bickering, etc. will be removed from any ads unless the user is pointing out an error in the ad, a defect in the item, or a recall affecting the item.

Any comments on the price being too high or links to lower priced items will be removed.

Do not post the same comment or offer in multiple ads, this will be considered spam and will be deleted.

"GLWS" and smileys are not allowed by themselves, they must be accompanied by a comment or question that is allowed under the rules.

Listings that turn into off-topic discussions will have the comments disabled. (5 or more posts that have nothing to do with the item.)

Users have the ability to remove comments from their ads and can do so for any reason. If you feel like a user is deleting comments that point out a defect in an item or an error in the ad then you can report it and a moderator will take a look at it.

Users that break these rules multiple times can be banned temporarily and/or will have to have all their posts in the classifieds approved by a moderator before they get posted.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

Like I said, to each his own. I learned a long time back that money isn't everything. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. That's what makes the world go round as the old saying implies.

If max sail price is your goal, Guybroker is a much better place than here.
For "non-firearms" parts and magazines ebay is good too. You set your price for a "Buy it Now" fixed price listing, turn on the 'neckbeard filter' (turn off "accept offers from members" option) and you can sail away.

Back
Top Bottom