• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pms on Guns

Thought this convo was going to be a little spotty and bloody.
9dAua0.gif

I know the feeling bro! I made a deal and went ahead purchased high dollar ammo for the rifle going on man’s word or well supposed to be man’s word over 100.00 purchase then the ghosting. I didn’t want to be a tattle tell but truly we should expose them to maybe keep another member from experiencing same thing again. Oh well just the times and mentality we’re dealing with now I guess. Here’s to all the good ones I’ve dealt with over the years 🍺cheers

That's for sure. Just had it happen Thursday. Told guy I would "take it" and when I could meet. He gave me a location to meet him. Then ten minutes later, I get "sorry I just sold it."
Sounds like a greedy asshole, I posted a lower for $100 and had a guy try to offer me $200 to sell it to him instead of the person who responded to the ad first. I ended blocking him and selling it to the person who responded first. The real kicker is the person who offered more to try to buy it out from under the other guy is a well established member with quite a bit more feedback than me.

Getting pretty ****ty around here. FNGs are the worse.
There is a pretty nasty bug going around that will slap knock you on your ass though.

I’ve never been ghosted after agreeing on a price. I’ve made offers that got no response but I assumed they weren’t interested…and even that’s been pretty rare. I respond and expect a response to everything even if it’s a polite “no thanks” or a less than polite “nope”.

Overall, I’ve had a pretty good history making deals here. 90% of the folks I’ve met usually stay and chat for a good while unless really pressed for time. I’ve only had one meet that was short and abrupt.

Now, leaving feedback is another story. I’ve had great deals and lengthy meets that you’d swear would leave unsolicited positive feedback and…nothing.

Back
Top Bottom