• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pocket .380 for the Summer Options

I agree, but I can't exactly go running in athletic shorts with my Shield in my pocket.

I dont know how you carry iwb but i run/workout with this set up no problem (centerline carry).
20170325_162551.jpg

Even a small 380 in the pocket of athletic shorts will flop around to much for my liking. Or you can do a bellyband kind of holster and stick with your shield in that. There is plenty of athletic wear now with belt loops so i stick with iwb rigs even for workouts/running, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the flopping, i just find it annoying as hell when running or biking. the best way I've found to carry for gym short and similar are the little clips you can get for all of the mouse guns to where it clips right on your shorts so you don't have anything flopping around. I use one of these on an lcp and have straight up forgotten it was there a couple of times

I picked up the LCP II a few weeks ago, and so far it's been outstanding.

I had one of the original LCPs, version 1.0, and while it was light and handy, the recoil was hard to control because of the ergonomics, and the trigger was a long, slow DAO with a break so far back my trigger finger would push against the base of my thumb.

It was a good pistol, but it didn't work for me, so I went to a Kahr PM 380, and then bought one of the police trade-in PM-9s they have at AO.

When they came out with the new version I really wasn't interested. For a while I had a friends Glock 42, and I figured that if I ever needed a small 380 again, I'd get that. It's a little large, but it shoots like a dream and hey, it's a Glock (and I live in Smyrna).

But after handling the LCP II a few times, and trying the trigger, I started rethinking that. The G42 is the same size as my PM-9, and I'd rather have the 9mm than the 380 if the size and weight is the same. I ended up buying one and have been breaking it in over the last 2-3 weeks.

Right now I've got about 200 rounds through it, including 50 I had some co-workers shoot through it at QuickShot last Wednesday when we went there after work.

The gun has performed flawlessly, with the only hiccup so far being when it failed to feed on the 3rd round several times in a row. This only happened when I shot it weak-hand-only, and after tightening up my grip it never happened again, so I'd say that was on me.

The ergonomics are a lot better than the old one. Even though it's no larger, the position of the trigger is a lot more natural for me. I don't have to pull it back so far that my trigger finger mashes into the base of my thumb like the old LCP did, and the trigger itself is a lot crisper now.

The trigger is SAO instead of DAO like the old one, so the hammer is cocked when you are carrying it. Since there's no external safety, that may make some people nervous But it's still drop-safe and the trigger has a good amount of take-up before you could trip the sear. So long as it's in a holster I really don't have too many worries about an ND, and the new trigger is really very good.

Everyone who shot it has been pleasantly surprised about how soft it shoots. The texture is more aggressive on the II which helps control the gun, but the shape is also different and it just seems to fit the hand better under recoil. I've personally found it very easy to shoot, and shoot well, which wasn't true of the first-gen LCPs.

The sights are a huge improvement, although I don't know that that makes them useful for anything outside the range. I'm planning on getting a Crimson Trace for it since to me that's the best sighting system for these little guns.

The gun comes with a decent pocket holster, which is nice, but only one mag, which isn't. I found the mags online for about $25, but you need to hunt around for a decent price, and you want to get the ones for the II, since those lock back on empty.

I've tried a couple of different SD-type rounds in it as well. So far just the Critical Defense, Ruger ARX, and the Gold Dots, but they all fed and ran fine.

All in all this is a great update on the LCP, and I'll be using it for pocket carry this summer as well.

Had almost all of them,I like my Kahr CW380 better than the rest but I carry my Kahr CM9 which is just a tad larger than the 380.Either of the Kahrs are pleasant to shoot............

I picked up the LCP II a few weeks ago, and so far it's been outstanding.

I had one of the original LCPs, version 1.0, and while it was light and handy, the recoil was hard to control because of the ergonomics, and the trigger was a long, slow DAO with a break so far back my trigger finger would push against the base of my thumb.

It was a good pistol, but it didn't work for me, so I went to a Kahr PM 380, and then bought one of the police trade-in PM-9s they have at AO.

When they came out with the new version I really wasn't interested. For a while I had a friends Glock 42, and I figured that if I ever needed a small 380 again, I'd get that. It's a little large, but it shoots like a dream and hey, it's a Glock (and I live in Smyrna).

But after handling the LCP II a few times, and trying the trigger, I started rethinking that. The G42 is the same size as my PM-9, and I'd rather have the 9mm than the 380 if the size and weight is the same. I ended up buying one and have been breaking it in over the last 2-3 weeks.

Right now I've got about 200 rounds through it, including 50 I had some co-workers shoot through it at QuickShot last Wednesday when we went there after work.

The gun has performed flawlessly, with the only hiccup so far being when it failed to feed on the 3rd round several times in a row. This only happened when I shot it weak-hand-only, and after tightening up my grip it never happened again, so I'd say that was on me.

The ergonomics are a lot better than the old one. Even though it's no larger, the position of the trigger is a lot more natural for me. I don't have to pull it back so far that my trigger finger mashes into the base of my thumb like the old LCP did, and the trigger itself is a lot crisper now.

The trigger is SAO instead of DAO like the old one, so the hammer is cocked when you are carrying it. Since there's no external safety, that may make some people nervous But it's still drop-safe and the trigger has a good amount of take-up before you could trip the sear. So long as it's in a holster I really don't have too many worries about an ND, and the new trigger is really very good.

Everyone who shot it has been pleasantly surprised about how soft it shoots. The texture is more aggressive on the II which helps control the gun, but the shape is also different and it just seems to fit the hand better under recoil. I've personally found it very easy to shoot, and shoot well, which wasn't true of the first-gen LCPs.

The sights are a huge improvement, although I don't know that that makes them useful for anything outside the range. I'm planning on getting a Crimson Trace for it since to me that's the best sighting system for these little guns.

The gun comes with a decent pocket holster, which is nice, but only one mag, which isn't. I found the mags online for about $25, but you need to hunt around for a decent price, and you want to get the ones for the II, since those lock back on empty.

I've tried a couple of different SD-type rounds in it as well. So far just the Critical Defense, Ruger ARX, and the Gold Dots, but they all fed and ran fine.

All in all this is a great update on the LCP, and I'll be using it for pocket carry this summer as well.

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I'm going to pick one up this weekend, even if I don't like it, it shouldn't be hard to trade or sell.

They seem to be pretty hot, but they are available everywhere now so I wouldn't expect to get what you paid back unless you are getting a heck of a deal.

Had almost all of them,I like my Kahr CW380 better than the rest but I carry my Kahr CM9 which is just a tad larger than the 380.Either of the Kahrs are pleasant to shoot............

Yeah, the PM/CM-9 is close, but where I notice the difference is when I use a 'wallet' holster (see link)

https://www.amazon.com/Talon-Sauer-...593&sr=1-1&keywords=talon+holsters&th=1&psc=1

This always worked well for me, but the PM-9 is just a little too long. The top of the holster and the back of the gun are above the edge of the pocket when I wear jeans, which I do a lot. Unless I have a long shirt covering it, you can see it's a gun just by looking.

The LCP was small enough that when in one of these holsters, the top of the jeans pocket was closed, and it just looks like a wallet. To me it's one of the best methods of pocket carry since it's almost undetectable but still very handy, and the draw stroke is similar to what I would use with a regular IWB holster and gun at the 4-5 o'clock position.

They seem to be pretty hot, but they are available everywhere now so I wouldn't expect to get what you paid back unless you are getting a heck of a deal.

LGS has them for $269+tax. From what I've seen on GB and Buds, that's about what I'd pay with transfer. I don't think I'll be selling the one though, just hand it over to the fiancé to throw in her purse. She stole my shield last year, at least she likes guns.

I love my LCP. It's my only gun that I can't make an excuse to not carry. I did give up on the pocket carry. It's small and it's light but it sometimes flopped or rotated. Typically I use the $10 cell phone carrier pictured. It's more comfortable than IWB, and no one has yet commented that it's a gun.

I have only one magazine. I only shoot Remington Ultimate Defense ammo. 400+ bangs every time I pull the trigger. I'd rather have my Colt 6920, but I don't want to tote it. Or my Glock 19.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom