• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pocket Holster - My Thoughts about Alabama Holster

Kawasaki

Default rank <100 posts Supporter
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
For anyone considering a pocket holster, bought one from Alabama Holster for an LCP. Long and short, I like it a lot.

Been carrying it daily for a couple months now. I'm 5'11", 180 lbs (look like I'm 165/170), and it's discrete. Unless you were staring at my front pants pocket, and frankly, looking for a piece on me, you probably wouldn't notice it at all.

Regarding the draw, when I first got the holster, it was tight on the gun. There's a little tab for your thumb to push off of on its left side, but the tightness still concerned me. Even when I used my thumb to push the pistol out of the holster it was tight and the draw was awkward. However, I drew the pistol several times and it loosened up. After carrying it for about a week it broke in further. I can draw it from the front pocket of my jeans without using the thumb tab no problem. The holster doesn't rotate and pinch the firearm when drawing.

Also, the holster is comfortable in my front pocket. I don't wear baggy jeans, and I'm not into the emo look. Can't speak about shorts. Anyways, if you're looking into a pocket holster, especially for an LCP, I really like the Alabama Holster. One con: the lead-time sucks. It took like 3.5 months, but think it was worth the wait. Pics attached. Hope this helps someone.
ah1.jpg
ah2.jpg
ah3.jpg
ah4.jpg

For anyone considering a pocket holster, bought one from Alabama Holster for an LCP. Long and short, I like it a lot.

Been carrying it daily for a couple months now. I'm 5'11", 180 lbs (look like I'm 165/170), and it's discrete. Unless you were staring at my front pants pocket, and frankly, looking for a piece on me, you probably wouldn't notice it at all.

Regarding the draw, when I first got the holster, it was tight on the gun. There's a little tab for your thumb to push off of on its left side, but the tightness still concerned me. Even when I used my thumb to push the pistol out of the holster it was tight and the draw was awkward. However, I drew the pistol several times and it loosened up. After carrying it for about a week it broke in further. I can draw it from the front pocket of my jeans without using the thumb tab no problem. The holster doesn't rotate and pinch the firearm when drawing.

Also, the holster is comfortable in my front pocket. I don't wear baggy jeans, and I'm not into the emo look. Can't speak about shorts. Anyways, if you're looking into a pocket holster, especially for an LCP, I really like the Alabama Holster. One con: the lead-time sucks. It took like 3.5 months, but think it was worth the wait. Pics attached. Hope this helps someone.
View attachment 1464734 View attachment 1464738 View attachment 1464740 View attachment 1464741
Looks pretty good

Back
Top Bottom