• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**Pointless paracord**

Why is there so much paracord crap? Braceltes, rifle slings, etc.....

Do you see yourself even possibly being in a position where you would need it for a life or death situation?

Im sure there are many purposes for it, but essential for survival.......doubtful! Lots are marketed as SHTF.

Maybe all those folks that used to braid folks hair back in the 90's at Six Flags needed something else to do and found this to market?

I like the Para-Cord that Suvivor Johnny posted, it's the 550-Burn Para-Cord. To, have that one Flammable string is a GREAT IDEA, it's just not sold in many places yet.

I use it all the time for flossing my teeth, roping cats, knitting hammocks, paracord sweaters, etc, etc.

When politics are not involved I find myself liking you Laufen, and either way I'm glad you're back. But on those occasions that I actually like your posts I find it hard to click the little hotlink that I like them. The last thing I want to do is be seen associating with someone different from me. So sorry, a quote of your post is as close as I will come. As consolation I will like my own post in which you are quoted. You're welcome.

I keep some in my car and used it just yesterday to tie down some things that were rolling around. When camping I use it for all sorts of stuff like tying down tent flies or tarps, hanging clothes or lanterns, tie up the dog to a tree when we go out, etc. Not sure I need it on me daily but it has come in quite handy when I have needed it.

Why do you carry a gun?? Odds are you will never even come remotely close to using it. I keep paracord in my truck for the same reason I carry my handgun, I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I understand your point, but carrying a gun is very different as it may be used to protect myself or loved ones. Paracord will never be served in any life or death scenario i could fathom.

Back
Top Bottom