• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**Pointless paracord**

I've used literally hundreds of yards of 550 cord. For everything from hanging Army blankets for privacy , to...........

well, that's the only thing I've even found it useful for.

Jack-Shack for the win. :)
Part 4 IRAQ 032.JPG

Why do you carry a gun?? Odds are you will never even come remotely close to using it. I keep paracord in my truck for the same reason I carry my handgun, I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I keep paracord and some rope in the truck .

I've used it many times over the years ,an also gave pieces away to friends ,who didn't think they needed any till they didn't have it :)

I understand your point, but carrying a gun is very different as it may be used to protect myself or loved ones. Paracord will never be served in any life or death scenario i could fathom.
Paracord can be used to make snares and traps, or even as makeshift fishing line. It can be used to tie game up to a tree or horizontal pole so that you can gut and clean it. If you don't have your gun, and you know how to use it properly, paracord can be used as a defensive weapon similar to using a belt or towel. If you have subdued a perpetrator, paracord can be used to tie them up until the police arrive.

I think the idea is to have a ungodly amount of cord in a small area and keep it on you. I'm sure if you were in a survival scenario you would find a bunch of uses unless you are like me and don't have any.

Back
Top Bottom