• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police / Sheriff question: help with vagrants camped on property

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a big piece of land that is distressed, and when I went to check it out there are clearly vagrants and homeless people camped out there. Saw some tents and couches etc through the woods in at least 3-4 places. On one end saw some dudes just sitting on a couch at the edge of the woods on the property. I waved at them and they just stared. Saw a tent in the woods behind them.

I think it may be good for light industrial zoning but I want to get to walk around the property (125 acres) and I wouldn't feel safe walking around it alone even while armed.

Would local PD (in Douglasville city limits) help me? Douglas County Sheriff? Do I have to recruit ODT mafia for money? 2-3 armed guys?
Any ideas?

20180916_151627.jpg
20180916_152302.jpg

I am looking at buying a big piece of land that is distressed, and when I went to check it out there are clearly vagrants and homeless people camped out there. Saw some tents and couches etc through the woods in at least 3-4 places. On one end saw some dudes just sitting on a couch at the edge of the woods on the property. I waved at them and they just stared. Saw a tent in the woods behind them.

I think it may be good for light industrial zoning but I want to get to walk around the property (125 acres) and I wouldn't feel safe walking around it alone even while armed.

Would local PD (in Douglasville city limits) help me? Douglas County Sheriff? Do I have to recruit ODT mafia for money? 2-3 armed guys?
Any ideas?
I’d check with an attorney on how long and what it will cost to “evict” the urban outdoorsmen from the property if you purchase it. Squatters sometimes have more rights than property owners especially if there are lib judges involved. May not be worth the hassles in the future if they keep coming back. Good look.

Back
Top Bottom