• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police / Sheriff question: help with vagrants camped on property

#1- Don’t ever cross @Comanche

#2- Dress up like a cop and start your walkabout.....
Party City has costumes/ uniforms.

D0910EDF-A7D5-4A70-BF44-CD9064390D10.jpeg

Drive to your property. Once there go to the homeless and advise them you are the owner of the property and you have had complaints from adjoining property owners of them and you are asking them to leave. Ask them how long it will take them to leave (hint: give them a couple of days). You may want to audio or video tape the conversation to show how polite you were with them. If they are rude or threatening just leave a short distance and call 911 and request an officer or two to remove the subjects. IF they are nice and say they will leave allow them to. Return back to your property the amount of days you gave them to leave and if they are still there, call 911 from your property and ask for the subjects to be removed and given a criminal trespass warning not to return. There should be criminal trespass forms on the internet to print off or the local PD will have them for you to sign. A written criminal trespass warning on paper helps the local PD prove in a report that the subject was issued a CT and the trespassers chose to ignore it.

There is no need to: consult an attorney; file for eviction(s); Post no trespassing signs while they are there, wait till they leave or removed.

To do list: Take photos of how they trash the area, with photos of condoms, beer cans and bottles and drug paraphernalia. Photos of used toilet paper or magazines used to wipe with are always good to show how your property is harmed by their presence. Photos of dangerous camp fires may be of interest also.

Hope this helps.

Totally agree with this. The broker won't make any money if he can't sell the property. Can't sell it with tweakers around like the walking dead.
I went to the property this weekend and the broker went with me. We found about 5-7 camps where it looks like people are living or had been living. Didn't see a single person on site this time.

20180922_154608.jpg
20180922_154752.jpg
20180922_160059.jpg
20180922_154739.jpg

Update:

Did not get the property. They went with a higher bid from someone is going to make a run at developing it. I can't see how something nice will be built there. Oh well, maybe I'll pick it up when this developer goes bust in the next cycle....

It's the 125 acres behind the Academy Sports in Douglasville, fronting I20 just west of Hwy 5. Curious to see what they think they can put there.

Update:

Did not get the property. They went with a higher bid from someone is going to make a run at developing it. I can't see how something nice will be built there. Oh well, maybe I'll pick it up when this developer goes bust in the next cycle....

It's the 125 acres behind the Academy Sports in Douglasville, fronting I20 just west of Hwy 5. Curious to see what they think they can put there.
Originally we were supposed to have a bass pro shops there

Back
Top Bottom