• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Polish Sword That has Some Light Pitting / Tarish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick II

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the best way to get some light pitting / tarnish off a sword that I am trying to sell. No, this isn't an ad just looking for what to do.

The sword is already listed here but I am not getting ANY interest and it may be due to the tarnish/pitting issues. It's not all that bad, but it's there. Would it hurt to take some brasso or something else to it in hopes of helping or is this really going to hurt any value it may have?

Another question: It is listed for $200 am I "really" that high on me price? I would have thought this kind of sword would have sold fast with much interest but it hasn't :bull_head:

My camera is not very good but I am going to post pictures that are on my ad. Don't worry bout smashing my dreams telling me that "valuable" $200 sword is only worth $15 :triumphant: I do not have the scabbard or sheath that belongs with it and I know that hurts it's value, but that much?

It is real I know but do I try to shine it up or lower my price to help move it? Thx fer any help!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 33
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 32
On my carbon steel knives, I use semi-chrome polish to keep the tarnish off. If your blade is carbon steel and not stainless steel, you have to keep the blade clean and wiped down with a lightly oiled cloth.

Blood or sweat will almost instantly tarnish carbon steel, but something like semi-chrome will get it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom